Epilouge

Epilogue

Hermione stood in front of the mirror, staring at the beautiful reflection. Her hair was in half down, half up perfect, wavy, curls, her makeup was done, and she was wearing the most beautiful white gown. Ginny and Luna stood next to her, smiling.

“What do you think?” Luna asked.

“I look… amazing.” Hermione replied.

Ginny’s smile brightened. “Are you ready?” She asked.

Hermione looked over at her best friend and said, “Yes.”

Cho walked down the isle first, next to Ron, and then Luna and Harry, and then Ginny and Blaise, the maid of honor and the best man. The bridesmaids wore knee length, green dresses and the groomsmen wore tuxes with maroon ties.

~~~

Draco stood in the middle, looking down the isle, waiting for the love of his life. He wore a tux with a beige tie and his hair was cut short and had no product in it, for once. He smiled brighter than ever before.

~~~

The doors opened and Hermione walked through them. Everyone stood and watched as she slowly made her way down the isle. She was beautiful, truly, and everyone was thinking it. She looked into the crowd of people, she saw the Weasleys, Professor McGonagall, the Delacours, Xenophilius Lovegood, students she knew from Hogwarts, and a hundred other people. One person, though, stuck out to her. She had known they’d sent her an invitation but she hadn’t expected her to show up. Narcissa Malfoy sat in the second row. Hermione smiled at her soon-to-be mother-in-law and Narcissa smiled back.

She made it to the end of the isle, gave her bouquet to Ginny, and then turned to look at Draco. He looked handsome and very happy, which made her happy. She loved him; she really, really loved him.

~~

At the reception, Narcissa Malfoy came up to her. Hermione got nervous and started to wish that Draco had been with her. She had never actually spoken with Narcissa and she hadn’t seen her since the incident at Malfoy Manor.

“Hello, Hermione.” Narcissa said, smiling.

“Hello, Mrs. Malfoy.”

Narcissa smiled. “Please, call me Narcissa.” She insisted. “I came to thank you.”

“For what?” Hermione asked.

“You make him happy.” She said. “I’ve never seen this happy. I wanted to thank you for making my son happy.”

“He makes me happy, too.”

“I know you probably didn’t expect me to come.” Narcissa started. “But, when I saw your picture on the invitation I couldn’t refuse. I wanted you to know, that I’m okay with him being with you, if he’s happy, I am happy.”

“Thank you, Narcissa. It really means a lot.”

“I also wanted to say that I am sorry, for what happened to you in Malfoy Manor.”

Hermione's smile wavered a little. “Thank you.”

~~

Neither Hermione nor Draco knew where they were going for their honeymoon; Ginny and Harry had set it up for them. Hermione and Draco were a little nervous about not knowing, but they went anyways.

It was a long flight, they didn’t know how long, and they were very relieved when they landed. They were very surprised though when the pilot announced that they had finally landed in New York City. Hermione and Draco looked at each other, eyes wide with surprise.

When they got off the plane, they saw a man in a black suit and hat holding up a sign that said ‘Malfoys’. It turned out he was their limo driver. He took them to their Hotel and told them they had him for two weeks, he then gave them his number and left.

“New York City?” Hermione asked.

“The states?” Draco added.

“Wow…” They both said together. They had expected something not as far and not as… amazing. But they were definitely okay with this.

They went everywhere, they had breakfast at Tiffany’s, they saw a Broadway production, they visited the Statue of Liberty, it was wonderful. But really, they were just happy to be together.

Who would’ve thought? Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy… married