Chapter 11

Chapter Eleven:

Hermione’s adventure went on. Her, Harry, and Ron kept moving around, searching for Horcruxes, finding more and more out about how to kill Voldemort. Ron had calmed down, Harry had gotten more determined, and she had gotten more observant. She had gotten better at finding out information on where Voldemort could be hiding horcruxes.

Hermione had to keep dodging Ron’s attempts at to make them more than friends, but it was hard for her, she did love him. Sometimes she wondered if it was really possible to love two people at once, she thought maybe loving one of them was just a delusion… but then she thought of Ron and Draco, how wonderful they both were, and she knew she really did love them both.

Every time she started to think of her love life she reprimanded herself and delved into the book on horcruxes. She had read the book three times, cover to cover, yet she had no other means of information so there was nothing she could do. She was getting tired of reading the same sentences over and over and started to add in her own here and there. Luckily, they made sense in the book.

She added how the horcruxes can change your mood and how they can think for themselves, and other things like that. She thought it really helped improve the book. Every little thing she found out about horcruxes she added to the book, even if she didn’t think them very important.

She slept a lot, during the day, taking most of the night watches. She found it hard to sleep though, with everything that’s going on. She always had a fear that the wards weren’t strong enough and the snatchers would find them. But, as the boys told her, she was only paranoid.

She dreamt of only one thing, after Malfoy Manor. She dreamt of Draco. She dreamt of him being on the light side, of him kissing her in the alcove, of him watching her as she did their Arithmacy homework… But she dreamt, the most, about him telling her “I love you”.

~~

It was time. They were going to Hogwarts. She was terrified, she knew what was to come. The big battle. She was just sad because it was going to take place at Hogwarts. Her second home would be torn down in a war.

They were walking through the tunnel, following Neville. Hermione was very confused. ‘Where is he taking us?’ Hermione asked herself. Neville was explaining the whole situation, but he hadn’t said where they were going, yet.

They got to the end of the hall and Neville swung open another portrait hole. “The Room Of Requirement.” He said.

Hermione smiled as everyone in the room gathered around the portrait hole. She climbed down the latter and was instantly pulled into the crowd where everyone hugged her. She looked around at all the familiar faces; they were all bruised and scraped. What had been going on here?

Harry explained what was going on, confusing everyone with the little bit of information he was giving them.  Luckily, some of the Ravenclaws could help, but only a little. It turned out to help Harry a lot, though.

Some of the Order members started to arrive and it became a big reunion. ‘A reunion right before a war… Because that’s not depressing…’ Hermione thought to herself. Some of these people were going to die today and she would never see them again and most of these people she hadn’t in months

A plan had started and soon after, a war. Hermione ran around hectic. She first went down to the chamber of secrets with Ron, destroyed the cup, and avoided letting Ron kiss her. Then, she fought off death eaters as they made their way to find Harry.

She shot out spells to help others in their battle and took on her own death eaters. She started to think about Draco, in that moment, and how, if he’d seen her, he’d joke about how she’d always been an over achiever. She smiled slightly as she knocked out a death eater and then sent a disarming spell in the direction of Dolohov, who was fighting Tonks.

She ran into the school, just in time to see a flash of blonde hair disappear around a corner. She had mixed feeling, sadness and happiness, about seeing him. She contemplated whether to go after him, but in the end she went to find Harry instead.

She found Harry in front of the room of requirement and, a few seconds later, Ron showed up also. They all went into the room of hidden objects and she watched as Harry searched for the diadem. She tried to help him as best she could, asking him about the night he had seen it, and soon he found it.

They made their way back to the door, but soon found their way blocked. She gasped at the sight in front of her: Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle. Draco had glanced at her and she looked at the ground.

Everything had happened so fast and the next thing she knew she was on the back on Ron’s broom with someone behind her. They flew out of the room of requirement just before the broom dropped from the weight. She fell to the ground and rolled onto her back, coughing. She looked around and found Draco, he looked back at her, sadness in his eyes, and then ran out of the hallway.

She sat up and stared in the direction he had gone.

~~

It was the end for all of them. Harry was dead. There was no other way to kill Voldemort. They were doomed.

She heard every word Voldemort was saying, but it never processed in her mind. She was staring at Harry’s body in the arms of Hagrid. She was snapped out of her reverie when Voldemort asked who would join him in exchange for their life.

She watched as Draco parents told him to come. She looked behind her to see him standing a few yards away. He was hesitant, which made her think that he wouldn’t go, and then he started to walk.

He surprised her though. He walked the few yards that were in between them and then stopped. He only stood about a foot away. She stared at him and he glanced back at her.

“No.” He said to his parents. He took Hermione’s hand in his own and gave a reassuring squeeze.

“What?” His father asked.

Draco didn’t reply.