Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen: 

They were staying in rooms next door to each other on the third floor of the Leaky Cauldron. Hermione applied for a job at St. Mungos and Draco applied for a job at the ministry, as an Auror. They both got internships and spent 8 hours a day at their dream jobs.

They’d been staying at the Leaky Cauldron for two weeks when Hermione realized that she couldn’t avoid the Weasley’s and Harry any longer. They weren’t going to approve of Draco, of course, but she had to tell them. They had been asking her to lunches and dinners so she had decided to take them up on the offer. She’d go alone, tell them about Draco, try to explain and then she’d see where it got her.

She wore a simple white blouse with a gray sweater, black jeans, and black flats with white bows on the toes. It was May 17th, 15 days after the Hogwarts battle, a Saturday. She came out of the bathroom and Draco looked up from where he sat, on her bed.

“You look beautiful.” He said.

“Thank you.” She replied. She turned to grab her coat and said, “I’ll be getting back late you don’t have to wait up for me.”

“Alright.” Draco said, standing up and walking over to her. “Good Luck.”

“Thank you.” She said. She pecked him on the lips, backed up a few steps, and disapparated.

~~

She appeared in a kitchen full of red haired people. She smiled as they all greeted her. Hugs from the twins, hello’s from Percy, Bill and Fleur, and Charlie, a squeal and a hug from Ginny. Ron and Harry seemed to be upstairs, so she ventured on to find them.

She knocked on the door and got a ‘come in’. She opened the door to find her two best friends sitting on the floor reading The Daily Prophet.

“Hermione!” Ron exclaimed. They both jumped up and ran over to hug her.

“Where’ve you been, Hermione?” Harry asked. “We haven’t seen you in weeks!”

“Well, I’ve been staying at the Leaky Cauldron looking for a job.” She said. “Big news, I got an internship at St. Mungos!”

“That’s awesome, ‘Mione!” Ron said.

“And… er… I have a new… uh… boyfriend…” She said hesitantly.

They both frowned. “Since when?” Harry asked.

“Er… Two weeks?”

“Who is he?” Ron asked.

“Erm…” Hermione said.

Harry raised his eyebrows.

Luckily Hermione was saved by Molly Weasley yelling, “Dinner!”

Hermione ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, running straight into Fred. “Sorry.” She mumbled.

“You alright, Hermione?” He asked.

“Fine, just… hungry!” She replied.

“Um… Alright.”

She took a seat at the table and Harry and Ron came down and sat on either side of her.

“So, Hermione,” Harry started. “This new boyfriend of yours?”

Hermione let out a sigh as questions erupted all over the table.

“New boyfriend?” Ginny exclaimed.

“Oh, dear, that’s exciting news.” Molly Weasley said.

“Congrats, Hermione!” Fred and George said.