14. gain and loss

Len's POV

Demons and Angels. Curses and blessings. Fairies and witches. Fantasy and reality. There is a clear boundary between all those things. There is a clear boundary between fantasy and reality...

Well, that's what people think.

Actually there is no boundary between. I know it's wrong to randomly say those words. But I think I have the right to say so. There is a reason why: I have met them all. People don't actually know that fantasy things actually excist. At first, I didn't know either...

When we were younger, there was a time Rin couldn't sleep without a story. Mom and dad were gone to a business trip and we were searching through their stuff for a good story to tell. After all, I had already read mine stories to her already and I thought that she needed something new to hear. But we couldn't find anything to read and I decided at least I should tell her my idea for my story. When she was asleep I thought that I should search a bit longer for a book. But then the doorbell rang. When I opened the door I met a girl I had never seen before in my life and she told me that she was a friend from Rin. She also told me that she brought a book for her and I thanked her without really thinking it through. But that night, when I was checking the book out....

Back then was when all this started...

When this sickness ends... or should I say: when this curse ends... if it ends, will I still be Allen Kagamine? Or... will I be someone else? I don't know and I don't wanna know. I don't wanna know if I'm gonna lose my loved ones. I don't want to.

3th POV

Silently IA was drinking of her cup of thea. It had took her hours to clean this place and was treating it with special care. After all, when he woke up, she wanted him to feel like it was home. Even though it was an abandoned barn in the middel of nowhere, she made it as comfortable as she could. She had polished the table and chairs. And made the bed up. Even the chains were polished clean and she made sure they weren't too tight onto the boy's pure skin. Even though she knew he had experienced things much worst than this. She didn't know where the blue-haired idiot was, but she didn't care either. After all, now she got him all for herself. The only thing she had to do know was to wait patiently.

In her long waiting, she started to wonder. Wonder why she was doing this. The answer was simple, right? Because she loved him and don't wanted him to fall for someone else. Like that devil-princess. She thought back at when her parents faded away. No ceremony was held and she was downgraded to a maid in service to her own cousin! So unfair, she had sweared that she could do a better job than that spoiled brat! Instantly she felt her blood boil. She loathed that princess. If she didn't have an army she would already had killed her. Her fingers would already had been stained red if so, but if it had meant she could kill that princess, she would want it.

Her mind wandered off to Kaito, she was sure he was stained red. He was after all far more worst than she was. She knew that he had eliminated alot of other males so the princess wouldn't fall for them. She didn't knew what he saw in her, she only had some beauty, nothing else. Were all men like that? discusting...

She heard some movement from the bed and stood up to go check on him and just when she arrived she had opened his eyes. She had kinda expected that he would be freaked out by what was happening to him. But instead he was staring at the ceiling in daze and then sat up calmly. Like he was in his own room. It surprised her that he was so calm about the situation, not that she was complaining, it made it alot easier to start.

He had hold his right hand up and looked at the chains who were keeping him captive. Len's eyes followed the chains and saw that he had a lot of freedom, even though he was captive. The chains were long enough to walk through the barn, but nog long enough to reach the exit. Mentally he chuckled, it was some kind of torture way. But he wasn't even to go try. He knew that he couldn't escape in his condition. On top of that he didn't even know where he was. What if he escaped? He wouldn't know where he was and just die and he can't affort that.

He turned his left to his right and hoped with his whole heart that Aria or Kaito weren't there. That they weren't the ones to kidnap him here. He hoped so dearly, after all even though they did something like this. He had a bond with them, no matter what they did....

he didn't want to lose anyone...

But his heart sank when he saw Aria sitting beside him on a chair. Mentally he laughed at himself, he knew that the world wasn't this beautiful, he knew that he couldn't change the reality or fantasy. But still his heart hoped it was just another nightmare. That he would wake up with his friends and that there was no conflict at all. He didn't even know why he was here.

'A-aria... you really did it, didn't you? ' he said shakingly, he didn't want to believe it. He didn't want to. Why did the world have to be so cruel some times? Aria didn't answer, but instead reached out to his hair and started to play with it. It was loose, his tiny ponytail wasn't there anymore.

A bitter smile appeared on his face and something warm was sliding down his cheek and immediately being wiped away by Aria. Did he cry? Yes he did, he just realised that he might lose those two. That his fear might still come true... Was he also gonna lose Miku and Rin? The thought alone let another tear escape and he felt lips being pressed against his cheek.

Immediately he pushed Aria away and backed away from her. He didn't want this, why couldn't they just live peacefully at Miku's castle? Wasn't that all beter for everyone?

Aria was a bit shocked when a tear was sliding down Len's cheek. She prepared that he would be hurt and try escape, but she didn't know he would be silent and cry a little. Not that she could blame him, she was doing something that can hurt people hardly. She also frowned a bit when she heard him say her full name, not the nickname...

'Lenny... from this day on, you live here with us...'

He stayed silent. Len knew, there was no escaping, not in his condition...

A/N did I make the chapter too dark?! I have a feeling I did... But little bits of Len and Aria's past are also revealed. What do you think that happend to those two? Let me know!

Have a nice day!