Chapter One- It All Begins in Shadows

I feel to the floor for the hunderth time that day. The sword I was using was knoked out of my hand, and my aunt stepped on it as I tried to pick it up. I looked into her eyes, and she just smiled.

 "You have to try harder than that, Lacondra," Aunt Gween told me. "If you want to keep your mother and sister safe, than you must do better. If I was a monster, than I would have killed you and taken Maya and Elizabeth away. Now get up and try again!"

"If you were a monster, than we would all be under Agus' rule by now," I mubbled, getting up. I took the sword in my hand, and brushed the dark red hair out of my eyes. I looked into the glass of the window and saw the fire in my dark eyes. I was not going to let Gween win this time. 

I faced her and ran the training in my head one last time. To pass this leason I had to disarm her, and than when she pulled out another weapon, knock her to the ground and take the knife or chain from her. Disarming her sword was not the problem; taking her knife and chain was the problem. She never used a sword to much in battle, but the knife and cahin are the ones she does us. 

I walked towards her and easily knocked the sword out of her hands. Queen Gween wasted no time taking the small dager out of the hems of her dress. She charged at me and nearly cut my own dress. I blocked a few of her moves before she closed in on me. 

 "Don't let me inclose you Lacondra!" she exclaimed. 

"I'm trying," I told her. I pushed her away from me, and got the knife out of her hand. Before I could win, she pulled her chain out and I was facing the worse person ever. I heard the door open, but I did not look up. I ducked when the chain was swoon at my head, and I got behind her. 

 It was over. The chain was on my sword, and I used it to knock her off of her feet. She looked up at me and smiled.  

"You learn well," Gween prazed me. "Tomorrow I think you could try it on Ty, if he will agree." 

"I would be glad to fight her, my Queen," I heard the familer, rough voice say. I turned and saw Ty  leaning on the wall. 

I should probly tell you about myself. I'm the daughter of the light queen, Elizabeth. So yes, that makes me a princess. But one thing is that I am the dark princess, hire to the dark crown, which is my aunt's ruling. You see, there are two queens in the entire world. One is the Light Queen, the one who calls all the shouts. She is the mother (or father if it happens to be a king) to all the prince and princess of light and darkness. The first Light King, David, created the Dark Queen, who no one knows the name of. 

Now, to tell if you are the furture ruler of light or darkness, you have a birthmark on you. If it comes up with the mark of light and you where born in the light side of Era, our planet, than you are the light prince or princess. If you have the mark of drakness, than you become the dark princess. There can be no princes here. The first Queen said so herself. 

So do I have the mark of darkness? Yes. Do I have the mark of light? Yes. I'm a specil case. You see, I was born in both the light and dark. I have both, but since I have both, than I was ruled to be the dark. The Council said that I had to be, because the light ruler could not have any shadows in them what so ever. So that role was given to my little sister two years again, on her birth date. 

She is a beautiful baby, Maya. I love her to death, and I'm glad her second birthday is today. We are having a big party that everyone may atend. Gween and I will be keeping a close eye out for Agus. He is the worst villan I know of. He will stop at nothing to destroy light forever. For some reason he is madly in love with the queens of shadow, and 'tries' to make the world better without light. I know it is not. 

 I walked over to Ty and put my arm in his affored arm. There are very few sevents in the castle, and only a few wil forever be in sevice. Or at least two, but the other will be kept as the tittle. That is Kelly the dark fairy, Ky the light fairy, Tason the light Knight, and Ty the shadow knight.  

Ty lead me into the Counicl hall, and my mother was waiting for me. She sat on her throne with such grace, I always felt the need to bow. But I never did, for that is against the law; shadow bowing to light. Her light green eyes shined with the light inside of her, and her light brown showed how much sunlight she got with her skin. She smiled when I walked in.

 "Lacondra," she sighed, and told me to come sit in the chair in front of her. I did, and I smiled back. "I have a request of you."

 "Yes Mother?" I asked. I was always open to doing things for her. 

"I need you to gurad Maya tonight. It will only be an hour, and Ty and Tason will be there to take your place farly quickly. They have to do something, and I do not want her gurad by regular ones tonight. Gween says she can not do it and she believes you would be better at it. Will you, my dear?" 

 "Of course! I would be glad to. So are we ready for her part tonight? Anything I can do to help?" 

"You are already doing your share. That will be all, dear. Now, how don't you go get ready for the party. And maybe cheak on Maya for me? Thank you, sweety." 

"Yes, Mother," I said, getting up. I left the hall with a smile on my face. I was getting the greastest test ever. I was going to protect the light princess. I was so happy, I did not mind that Tam would have to put me in a dress. If only I knew that this test would lead to many more, and that this first test would lead to the biggest mistake in my entire life, one I could not fix. It would also hurt many more.