A Burning Sky and Artemis' Envelope

Author's Note: The names (most of them) shall be announced in this chapter!! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

M1

I couldn't rest; I refused to.

I knew that if I fell asleep again, it would only bring up the same nightmare. I rubbed my eyes and rolled onto my right side so that I was facing the door to the motel room's exit. The only source of light in the entire room was a soft shaft of moonlight coming in from the upper window.

'Maybe if I just focus on the light...' I mused, hoping it would be enough to keep me awake. After a few minutes of leering at the white beam, my eyelids grew heavier. Once my cheek pressed against the rough carpet, I bolted upright. I immediately regretted doing so when my foot bumped against Ale00's leg.

She woke up with a jolt. Her head swiveled around the room, and she tensed up. Ale00 shrank back at my side. "W-where are we?" she mumbled in a nearly inaudible voice.

I put a hand on her arm. "This is Miami, remember?"

"What?!" Ale stumbled to her feet. "Miami?"

"Yes, yes, you aren't in P.H.O.B.I.A.S. anymore. Now, relax and go back to sleep."

"Oh...Mm-hm..." She was already on the floor beside me and curling up into a ball.

I waited until I could hear her breathing slow down. Then, I rose to my feet, and glanced over at the younger kids sleeping in the two beds. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous of them. They got to sleep without any disturbances.

Shaking my head, I stepped over Ale00 and M13 to leave the room. Once I was outside I took in a deep breath of the warm, salty air.

"Ugh," I leaned my head against a concrete column and sighed contently as the breeze cleared my mind. "Much better."

It was nice; not having to hear that voice tell me what to do, feeding me terrible thoughts and making me do things that send an icy jab of fear through my chest. For once, I was alone. I glanced up at the clear night sky and allowed a tiny smile to slip onto my face. We may have only been here for a few hours, but I never wanted to leave. It was such a refreshing change to look up and see the dark-blue sky above my head. To breathe in this strange, salty scent and not smell that nasty, chemical air was like nothing else. It was then that I made a promise to myself to never, ever go back to P.H.O.B.I.A.S... I would sooner put a gun to my head and pull the trigger. 

"Now, here's the issue." I started aloud, returning my gaze to the ground to look over the flashy and noisy streets of Miami. "Where do we head next?"

After a moment of thought, I shrugged the thought away. H2 said he had a plan. I'd have him tell everyone in the morning. I looked over at the room where H2 and the other boys were sleeping (Well, most of them. Janus10 insisted that he wanted to stay with the red-haired girl from earlier, Apate6. So, he was sleeping in the girls' room with her) I really, really hoped H2 knew what he was doing.