Meet the Freaks

Okay here's the next part & I feel that you guys will like it a lot more than the beginning. But, that's just my opinion. 'Kay here it is!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M1

"Ugh!" I exclaimed as Gen K10's Fruit Loops splashed on me and Gen H2. "Will you please at least make an attempt  to not slurp?" I threw a piece of banana at him, which he neatly dodged.

He wagged his eyebrows. "Nope! I like seeing your face when I do it. Drop the poker-face for once and have a little fun, ya big sour puss!"

I sighed, shaking my head. At least that meant that he didn't see my little episode in the hall. He would've gone on about it for weeks! Not in front of the guards, though.

Okay, let me explain a few things now, since I took up most of the time before with my little meltdown. This is P.H.O.B.I.A.S., a "home" for children that surpass basic human intelligence and abilities. The saddest part is that it is in the middle of nowhere. Trust me, I know from trying to break out once. That did not go well at all.

I'm Gen M1, which means that I'm from Generation Morpheus, and that I'm the second of my kind to come to this place. No one knows what happened to Gen M00, which worries me, because wherever he or she went, I might be going next.

People from different generations have different abilities. For example, people from my generation have telekinesis and/or telepathy.

Gen H2, which means Generation Hermes, are part of a group that is gifted in stealth and forgery.

Then you have Gen K10, Generation Kratos, who has super strength. Never try to arm wrestle him! You will lose your money and your arm. 

I jumped a bit when I heard a quiet, raspy, yet familiar voice grumble, “You guys started eating without me. That really hurts my feelings."

"You need to quit doing that! One day you'll give someone a heart attack!" I glanced around the guard-filled cafeteria. "Though I wouldn't mind if you did that to some of the guards here..." I mused.

Gen Ale00 smiled slightly. "I already have done it to some of the guards."

We all went silent, exchanging wary glances. She just laughed as she sat beside K10, though I never understood how she could see our faces let alone see where she was going with all of those bandages covering her eyes.

Gen Ale00, Generation Alethia, is the only one her kind here. This means that she is one of the "students" that's still tested on the most. She constantly wears bandages around her eyes due to the many tests that where done on her. Anyway, her ability is pretty strange. She can see everything. I mean, she can even see through people, which even though I'm her friend, worries me.

A woman's shrill screech broke the silence at our table. Everyone in the cafeteria turned towards the noise except for some of the really damaged kids and Gen Ale00. A guard was clutching her bleeding hand and shooting daggers at Gen Ath24, one of the youngest and brightest "students" in P.H.O.B.I.A.S.

"You little mutant!" she squealed. I popped a piece of banana into my mouth, fighting the urge to snicker. "He bit me! Oh God, it might be contagious!"

"It's what you get for pushing me. I told you I didn't want those sharp, red talons you call fingernails impaling my shoulder!" he countered. "And I'm not an it."

A deep flush of red spread across her cheeks as, one by one, the kids began to laugh. It's was odd; to hear laughter here was a rarity. When the guard balled up her fist and struck Gen Ath24 across the face, all the smiles died. Some were replaced by whimpers.

As Gen Ath24 spat out some blood, the guard was busy looking at the teeth marks in her hand. "Disgusting..."

I felt my face burn up. My hands clenched up so tightly, they ached. Someone nudged my shoulder. I turned around to see Gen K10 and Gen Ale00 shaking their heads. Gen Ale00 mouthed the words 'drop it', jerking her chin towards my fork as it rose a few inches off the table. Reluctantly, I released the fork and it clattered back onto the table. 

Then, Gen Ath24 said something no little boy should ever say, especially to a guard. "You bitch!" He screamed.

H2 smacked his forehead.

The guard looked like she was about to stomp his face in when I jumped up and put myself between the two. I used all of my focus to slam the guard into a nearby wall. I was hoping to throw her across the room, but the wall would have to do.

I grabbed Gen Ath24 by his shoulders."Are you okay?" 

He nodded as he wiped the blood from his mouth. He then smirked, his eyes flitting over to the glowering guard as if to say 'she deserved it'. I managed a small, aprehensive smile. But suddenly, his smile twisted into a grimace. Gen Ath24's eyes rolled into the back of his head as he collapsed into my arms. When he fell, I saw Joan standing behind him with a stun gun in her hand.

I wasn't sure whether to scream at Joan or pick Gen Ath24 up and make a break for it when she turned to me. She took out a little remote that I knew all to well, and flicked the switch. At first nothing happened. But then I heard a faint beep, and my torso erupted with pain. I did my best not to scream, but the pain was just too much...

I had no clue how long Joan kept that switch on, but it felt like eternity to me. When it ended I gasped, rolling onto my side and hugging my chest, knowing it wouldn't ease the pain.

I looked up and saw Joan standing over me as she pocketed the zap remote. "Behave for once, will you?" she asked as she left the cafeteria.

I pushed myself up, leaning on the wall for support. Gen H2 and K10 rushed over and helped me get back to our table. When I got there, I put my head on the table and Gen Ath24, who was coming to, patted my back.

I turned my head towards the boy. "Don't ever do that again. 'Kay, kiddo?"

He nodded somberly. "Oh, guys?" he asked.

"What?" we all asked in unison.

He looked up at all of us with wide, green eyes. "What's a bitch?"