Black Glasses, Liquid Fire, and Mobs

I want to thank IridescentBubble for my new cover. It's awesome!!! :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

M1

"Hey!" someone chirped in my ear. I groaned and rolled away from the shrill sound. "M1?" the person said again. I frowned. It was probably a female guard.

'Okay, if she says my name one more time, I'll kick her ass into next week.' I thought.

Then, I felt her poke my back. "Morpheus Ooooooone!" she sang. I eyes snapped open. That did it. No one pokes me, let alone touches me, when I'm trying to sleep.

 I leaped to my feet and turned to see Ath24 looking up at me with a big smile stretched across his face. He had black glasses on and vibrant flowers that I've only seen in books in his little hands. He held the flowers out to me.

"I found these flowers around the campsite and thought you might like some." My mouth dropped in disbelief. First of all, I was about to curse out a seven year-old. Second, the flowers he gave me were so gorgeous that they didn't seem real. I took the flowers from him gingerly.

"Uh, thanks, kiddo." I mumbled. His light green eyes shined with a joyful light that I had never seen before. I immediately felt guilty for what I would've done if I wasn't more careful. I had to remember that we weren't at P.H.O.B.I.A.S. anymore. Come to think of it, I had no clue to where we were.

Gen Ath24 and I were far back in a cave illuminated only by a yellowish-white light straight ahead of us. I just knew that it had to be daylight. Finally, I would see what morning looked like again. I had forgotten because us kids weren't allowed to go outside back at P.H.O.B.I.A.S. And given that the building had no windows, we didn't even have a glimpse of the outside world.  I sprinted towards the light without warning.

"M1, I wouldn't do that if I were..." Ath24 began, but I brushed him off. A wave of euphoria washed over me as I got closer to the cave's mouth. My happiness was shortly lived, though. The sun's rays were so bright; too bright. It felt as if my eyes were being squeezed. I yelped, covered my face, and fell to my knees. I backed up into the cave, and rubbed my watering eyes.

"You have no one to blame but yourself, girly." I heard H2 nag. I sighed as I slowly uncovered my eyes. "The kid did try to tell you. Here, take these. They'll help."

H2 was wearing the same dark glasses as Ath24 and he handed me some. I took them and frowned.

I put them on. "What do they do?"

"You'll see."

I frowned. "Everything's all dark!" H2 motioned for me to come out into the sun. I crossed my arms  and shook my head stubbornly. He eyed me and I glared back, shaking my head again.

"Fine then!" Before I could react, H2 picked me up and tossed me into the sun, but it didn't hurt my eyes!

I turned to H2. "What the heck are these?"

K10 came out of nowhere with his own pair of glasses. "They're sunglasses, duh. And if you have it figured it out yet, they protect your eyes from the sun. Honestly, did you live under a rock before you went to P.H.O.B.I.A.S.?"

Then Ath24 came out of the cave and began picking more flowers. "Cut her some slack, K10. She's been in that place almost all of her life, not like us."

H2 and K10 cut him off with odd looks. Ath24 gasped and bit his lip. I glanced at them warily before walking farther from the cave and looking up to the sky. Even through the dark glasses, I could see the deep, blue of the morning skies and the tan, yellow of the hot sand between my toes. A warm breeze engulfed me.