Chapter Thirteen

Hazel

I am as thankful to be leaving, I was grateful to Angus and Claire for taking me in but it was time for me to go home. Sage stood beside me, I could feel his eyes boring into me as I said my goodbyes to everyone. The last was Malachy, and though he seemed to be upset about my leaving. I didn't say much. I had accepted the rejection so why did my chest still ache?

I turned and got I to the car Sage exchanged words with Malachy and I wondered what he was saying. I shook the thought away trying to tell myself that it was none of my business anymore. A couple minutes later Sage got into the car and we backed out. I looked at Malachy one last time, and when the car drove away I didn't look back. I had to look forward, I had to move on some how.

I fell asleep on the way home, and was again woke up by Sage's gentle shaking. "We're home."

I nodded and looked around, smiling. I missed home, but then I was instantly hit  by sadness as I realized that my mother had been killed and she wouldn't run out the large maple doors to hug me and tell me she was happy I was home. My eyes filled with tears, but I wiped them away. I couldn't let my father see how sad I am. I walked inside, my head held high. Once I cleared the door I was brought into a warm, tight hug. I knew quickly it was my father and I buried my head in his chest as I hugged him back tightly.

"I missed you baby. How are you holding up?" My father asked gently.

I knew I said I needed to be strong but as soon as he asked me it was like a damn broke. The tears flowed and they wouldn't stop. My father just held me tighter as I sobbed in his arms. I missed my mother, and even though I was still hurt from not only Malachy's rejection but the fact that he didn't try to stop me when I left. I haven't known him long but Lexi and I loved him anyways. I was heart broken. But, I'd give him a week and if he didnt show up I'd find the will to move on.

*
*
*

Short chapter I know, I apologize but I do have sort of  have a reason for it being this short.