Chapter Two

Hazel

I was waked by vigorous shaking. I swatted at the person shaking me, mumbling I'm sure incoherently since I was still half asleep. "Haz wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" The voice said, I didn't immediately recognize it and didn't want to. I just wanted to sleep, I had stayed up to late the night before because I couldn't get my excitement to go away. "It's your birthday." The person now sang, happily.

Finally realizing that today I was eighteen I sat up quickly and brushed the hair out of my face. The brightness of the room made me rub my eyes and blink multiple times before I could actually see anything. I turned to my left and seen Sage standing beside my bed, smiling down at me. "Happy Birthday Hazel," Sage said softly.

I smiled brightly at him, "thank you, Sage!" I flipped the covers off of my legs and stood up, stretching away from the tightness of my muscles. "Am I allowed downstairs yet?" I asked hopefully. I didn't want to be stuck in my room anymore. It reminded me of when I was a child and I was naughty my parents would send me to my room and honestly it was the worst punishment because it was so lonely. Thankfully yesterday Sage had come and spent the entire day with me but he was male and soon had to leave my room.

I still didn't quite understand that since my parents knew that I'd wait for my true mate and that neither Sage or I felt that way for each other. I finally came back to reality and looked at Sage who was looking at me with amusement. I blushed, knowing that he must have said something but I wasn't sure what since I'd spaced out. "W-what did you say?"

Sage chuckled, "I said that you're allowed to go downstairs when your parents come for you which will be," he looked down at his watch, "in an hour. So it's time to get dressed. I don't know what you're going to do with that rat nest on your head." He mumbled thoughtfully.

My eye's widened and I immediately touched the top of my head and didn't feel anything, I growled playfully and pushed Sage. He began laughing, "y-you should have seen your face!!" He rushed out while he laughed his ass off.

I shook my head. "I don't know what to wear. Father didn't tell me a thing." I mumbled walking into my closet. I had multiple gowns, different dresses for different events and just the normal clothes. I knew I was required to dress formal tonight so I began to go through my dresses but none seemed good enough for this party. "Sage, I don't have anything good enough.." I whined knowing he'd hear me from outside my closet. I heard sudden laughter and turned, seeing Sage in the opening of my closet.

"I have my present for you Haz. Come here." Sage said nervously. He seemed worried.

I walked out of my closet and he moved away so that I could come out completely. I looked at him expectantly, and he looked over towards my bed. I followed his gaze and seen a dress cover on my bed along with a box. I shot Sage a questioning look before he nodded. "Go open it." He whispered and I complied. I walked over and went for the zipper of the dress cover. I pulled it down slowly. I gasped as I seen the dress. It was beautiful. A royal blue, with a silver diamond belt around the waist. (Pic below.)

This dress was the most beautiful out of every dress I'd ever seen

This dress was the most beautiful out of every dress I'd ever seen. It was just absolutely perfect. I ran my fingers over the silk, mesmerized. I jumped slightly when I heard Sage's voice right behind me. "Open the box." I believe I nodded, unable to really speak right now due to the shock. I grabbed the box and opened it. It revealed silver high heel shoes that matched perfectly with the dress. I was overwhelmed. And due to my silence, Sage began to get nervous. "I hope you like it. Of course, I had to get both your father and mothers approval for it since they had this theme going for your party and I just hope that you liked it. The blue will make your baby blue eyes pop even more than they already do, plus the color of your blond hair. It'll be per-" Sage was rambling and I knew it was time for me to talk.

"Sage, I love it. It's beautiful, the most beautiful dress I've ever seen." I said emotionally. It wasn't simply to do with the dress, really. Sage has been the best friend anyone could ever ask for and to know that he'd gone out of his way to pick my dress was heartfelt by me. "Thank you." I didn't know how to show him how much I appreciated him, so I turned away from the dress and shoes and hugged him tightly. He didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around me, we stood there hugging until we pulled apart quickly due to someone knocking on my door. I looked to the side of Sage and seen my mother and her personal hairdresser.

"Sage if you'd excuse us, its time for Hazel to get ready." My mother, Camille said sweetly.

Sage nodded and gave my arm one last squeeze before he silently left the room. My mother watched him leave then turned to me with a bright smile. She immediately closed the distance between us and hugged me tightly. "My baby girl is already eighteen. You're growing way to fast baby. Slow down for me." My mother said emotionally into my hair.

I felt tears stinging my eyes before I blinked rapidly. "I'll always be yours and fathers baby girl mother," I whispered, my voice strained with unshed tears.

My mother sniffed and pulled away, her hands on my shoulders. She looked at me lovingly. "I love you, Hazel." I smiled up at her since she was slightly taller than me, "I love you to mother." She nodded and turned to Miranda. "Alright, Miranda it's time to get started." My mother gave me a slight push and I looked to see Miranda smiling brightly, almost in a creepy way at me. I began to worry about what exactly they had in store for me.

*
*
*
I know it seems so sloooow, but I promise it'll get better.