Chapter Ten

Hazel

Two days passed since I bumped into Malachy outside of Angus's office. And in those two days not much had happened, at least nothing big. Sage and I had stuck together the entire time, and when he would leave me Malachy seemed to appear from thin air. At first it unnerved me, even though I believed myself to be strong minded, Malachy's words when he rejected me still hurt. I knew he had reasons, but it still didn't take away from the fact he believed without even knowing me that I was the same. It hurt, but I could only pretend not to care.

Malachy had always made small talk, he had even asked which pack I was in before, tried to find out why I had left ect. But I couldn't tell him, honestly he had no right knowing anything.

Yesterday, had been one of the best but worst. Malachy had dragged me away from a growling Sage and into a room. I hadn't even had the chance to ask him what he was doing before his lips were against mine. The tingles exploded at the contact making me melt into his hold. I had to Crane my head so that I could kiss him back. Lexi was purring the entire time, she loved missing him. And honestly so did I.

My mind at the time had wanted so much to believe that he actually wanted me buy once he broke the kiss it wasn't the case..

**flashback**

I tangled my fingers through Malachy's hair, and held on as he dominated my mouth. I didn't know what to do, so I didn't challenge his direction. It was the first time a boy had ever kissed me, or touched me the way he was. I was very aware of his hand holding the back of my neck, and also the hand that held my hip. His thumb had slipped into the bottom of my shirt and he was rubbing circles which caused me to shiver.

I never wanted this to end, feeling him pressed against me was by far the best and most completing feeling ever. Malachy suddenly pulled away from me. Both of us panting for much needed oxygen. I opened my eyes and noticed instantly his eyes had darkened so much that I couldn't help but shutter at the obvious disire he was displaying.

He blinked a few times before his eyes cleared and returned to their normal bright color. "I'm sorry." He muttered, breaking eye contact.

I felt my heart beat faster, what fid he mean by that? I stayed silent.

"I shouldn't have kissed you. i shouldnt have done that at all. My wolf was emotional and I couldn't control him."

I swallowed hard and flinched slightly when Lexi whimpered. I straightened my shoulders, "I hope you realize soon how big of a mistake your making. Though you seem to have some ideas about me, and though I know this is pointless to say but- I am only a friend to Sage, you- that was my first kiss. So if I was a slut I would assume that means that I'd not only kiss any male but also have sex with them." I blushed but continued, Malachy's gaze snapped to mine and he growled low. I fought to keep the smile off my face. Even if he rejected me he was still possessive.

"I'm a virgin. I have a very, very strict father and I had always wanted my mate to be my first and that is how it's been. But, I warn you Malachy if you don't straighten your thoughts out it will be too late." I was serious. I wanted him like I've never wanted anyone else but, I wouldn't wait just because my mate was blaming my gender.

Malachy stood rigid for a moment before laughing, I relished in the sound. "I see. So, when will you accept?" He said, ignoring everything I had just said.

I shook my head and looked at him sadly. "Give me another day." I didnt wait for a reply but turned and left the room, my lips still felt the warmth, the tingles of our kiss. I blinked the tears away and walked away.

**end**

I sighed at the memory. "Are you okay Haz?" Sage asked from beside me.

I nodded, "I'm fine. Hey, could you get me some water?" I asked, innocently.

Sage looked at me for a moment and I just smiled. He nodded and got up, leaving me alone. As soon as I was sure he was gone, I breathed deeply. I wasn't feeling to great. I felt warm, and it seemed that even fanning myself didn't help. I stood up from the couch and walked out of the pack house, hoping the cool air would help but it didn't. I decided to walk hoping in time it would help, I didn't pay attention to where I went just let my body lead me.

I yelped as a sudden pain shot through my whole body. It took a moment to realize what was happening before the panic set in. I looked around frantic to find Sage, Cole, Angus, Claire or even Malachy would have been an option at the point but then noticed I had walked into the forest. I blinked a few times as my vision came in and out of focus.

I went to my knees as the pain intensified, a scream making it's way up my throat. I tried to hold it in, I did. But imagine ever home in your body breaking almost simultaneously and then moving within. I was now on all fours, my fingers clawing into the dirt and grass as I once again screamed out my pain. I could feel my face soaked from not only my tears but from sweating. I never knew the first shift would hurt so badly, nor did I think it took so long.

I could hear shouting but I couldn't tell who it was, my nose wasn't working properly at the moment so I couldn't even smell them.

*
*
Malachy's POV next.