Chapter Eleven

** Malachy **

Over the last couple days I have been fighting with my wolf. Ash wanted Hazel but I was still having doubts, yes I loved getting her temper going, I loved how she felt when I kissed her. Everything about her calls to me, but she still had that male around her and it wasn't only him Cole as well. I asked Cole about it, but he laughed at me. I never did get my questions answered because he had patted my shoulder and walked away while laughing.

I heard the pack door open from my room, and looked out the window to see Hazel alone walking into the forest. I frowned and waited because usually the male or Cole would be following right behind her, but after five minutes no one followed.

Go after mate! She could be in danger! Ash growled.

I got up and rushed out of my room before taking off towards the woods. I didn't know if I wanted her as my mate or not but I still couldn't fight the bond. I heard sudden screaming and ran faster, when I broke through the clearing I seen Hazel on the ground. I rushed over to her, alert to my surroundings.

"Hazel! Hazel what's wrong?" I asked loudly, but she didn't answer nor did she acknowledge that I was there. I suddenly heard cracking and instantly knew she was shifting. I moved closer and grabbed her gently, cooing and trying to comfort her as she shifted. I heard something snap, and growled as my gaze snapped up and my nose was instantly filled with the stench of rouges. I slowly let Hazel down as she was now quiet besides the fast panting.

The rouge appeared and I stood in front of Hazel protectively. "Leave now rouge!" I growled out in warning.

The rouge grinned, showing his nasty teeth. "I want the girl."

Ash took control instantly, she's mine. I'll rip your filthy throat out in seconds if you try to touch her! After a few minutes I finally won back control and the rouge was laughing.

"I won't leave without the bitch, so hand her over to me!" The rouge shifted and I knew that he was going to do what he could to get Hazel. Shifting I stood taller, and larger than the rouge but he didn't seem frightened. I snarled and lunged the same time the rouge lunged for Hazel.

My canines sunk into the scruff of his neck and I jerked, sending him a co uple feet away from Hazel and myself. I ducked my head, growling low in my throat as warning. My hair stood up, my tail bushed as I watched him. I could see the hesitation in his eyes but instead of acting the correct way he lunged again, this time I jerked slightly and wrapped my jaws around his throat. I held him for a moment simply playing with him as he struggled. I growled again before giving one strong pull, wripping his throat out. His lifeless body fell to the ground and I mentally frowned at the lack of challenge.

I stood over his body, still stiff from the built up aggression when I heard a small whimper behind me. I turned back to Hazel and froze. She stood up slowly and was looking down at her paws, which were white. White was a sign of purity, royalty. Hazel was a royal? I staggard as things began to make sense, the male sticking so close to her, Cole and my father chewing me out for the way I acted and for rejecting her. Everything made perfect sense and I felt like a complete ass.

I knew my father was friends with the King he'd told me lots of stories over the years, also had told me how protective the King was over his only daughter. I knew from the stories that the King wouldn't have allowed any male to be near her, but was this his daughter? Was she the Queen to be?

Ash growled with pride and love as he watched Hazel test her new wolf form. She was oblivious to us but that was alright because watching her find her strength was a sight to see. I felt my chest ache as I remembered what I said to her.