Runaways~Chapter Eight

~Lily’s P.O.V.~

I watched Zacky take Mel back to his bunk. He better treat her well. I hope she isn’t getting in over her head. I turned back to look at Brian. He was watching them, too, and he turned back to look at me. Mel may have forgiven him, but I didn’t trust him as far as I could throw him. Apparently, my sentiments were obvious, because he sighed and sat down across from me. I eyed him warily. “Lily, I know you don’t trust me after everything that’s happened, and you have every right not to. But I really am sorry. I hope you can forgive me eventually.” He actually looked kind of sad. “Well, Brian, if I’m to trust you, you actually have to prove that it’s a good idea. Until then, I will keep you at arm’s length. I will also be watching every move you make around my sister. If you make a wrong move, your face will meet my fist again, and it may be more than once.” I stared straight into his eyes, not blinking, not flinching. I apparently creeped him out, because he started to fidget in his seat. Eventually, he gave me a small smile and headed towards the back room. I watched him go, still not letting any emotion show. When he was out of sight, I let myself relax. Jimmy was smirking at me. “Wow, Lil, I’ve never seen someone scare Brian like that. Usually the only one who can do that is Matt.” He gave me a peck on the cheek. “Proud of you for sticking up for yourself.” “Thanks, Jimmy. But I’m serious. I don’t trust him as far as I can throw him. I need to make sure he stays away from Mel.”

He slid an arm around me, pulling me close. “Lil, I swear to you that we won’t let anything happen to Mel. Brian won’t do anything to her again. Just relax, alright? You have four people to protect you and your sister now, so you don’t have a reason to be afraid.” He nuzzled his nose in my ear, making me giggle. “Really, relax. Have some fun. Let me show you a good time.” He started kissing down my neck and nibbling my skin. I instantly felt on fire. My mind went blank, and all I could do was focus on Jimmy and what he was doing.

                                                                             ~Jimmy’s P.O.V~

I knew that Lily had no reason to worry about Mel. Brian had apologized, and with all of us guys around, he wouldn’t dare be stupid enough to try anything else with her. Besides, I wanted her attention all to myself. I really liked this girl. It was crazy how fast I was taking to her. I think I’m already close to loving her. Now, if I can make her like me as much, I’d be in heaven. I decided to get the ball rolling, so to speak. I kissed and nibbled her neck, goose bumps forming. That only encouraged me more. I got a little too enthusiastic, and I could tell a couple of my nibbles would leave love marks on her neck. All the better for me! She would be marked as mine, then. I pulled her onto my lap to reach her lips better, and our make-out session turned really heated. Ok, so, maybe I lied when I said I wouldn’t just jump into bed with her. That’s pretty much the only thing I can think about right now. I ended up shoving my tongue into her mouth and my hands wandered under my shirt, rubbing her bare back. I heard her gasp, so I continued. I could vaguely hear someone coming this way, but I didn’t really pay too much attention to it. That is, until Johnny walked over to us, completely seeing us going at it and embarrassing the shit out of Lily, who crawled off of me and curled up next to me on the couch. Fucking Johnny! Looking over at Lily, it was obvious I wasn’t going to be getting anywhere with her anymore today. I couldn’t help but scowl at Johnny, who obviously didn’t realize he’d interrupted anything. “Hey, Jimbo. Hey, Lily. Jimmy, you wanna come with me to the liquor store? We need to pick up some more booze. We’re practically out.”

Taking another look at Lily, who was still in a mortified ball, I sighed. Yep, definitely wasn’t going to get any tonight. I turned to Johnny and nodded. “Sure. I’ll go with. That way you don’t mess any of it up, and someone can reach the top shelves, Short Shit!” I laughed hysterically, kissed Lily goodbye, grabbed my shoes, and headed out the door with Johnny.