Runaways~Chapter Thirteen

~Lily’s P.O.V~

My heart was in my throat as Johnny let me into Jimmy’s room. I was worried about my sister, but I also needed to check on Jimmy’s status. He was the love of my life! I mean, I knew that I was in love with him when he was just that out-there celebrity that I never thought I’d meet in a million years. But, now that I met him, I knew it was for real. And now… he saved my sister! There was no better way to win my heart than to care about what I cared about, and that was my sister.

I couldn’t help but grin from ear to ear when I walked into his room. Seeing him smile at me made me smile more! I practically skipped over to his bed and lightly sat on the edge. I felt like a giddy school girl! I saw him roll his eyes at Johnny, but Johnny was already out of sight when I tried to see what he did. So, I asked Jimmy. “What was the eye roll all about?”

He laughed. “Johnny apparently wants us to get frisky in here. He was winking at me like crazy.” He smirked. “So, I’d hate to disappoint the poor gnome… How about we have a little fun before the nurses and doctors come back and bug the hell out of me?”

I knew I blushed scarlet. I’d never gone all the way with anyone before! And I didn’t want it to be somewhere so public, where people could walk in on us! I rapidly shook my head. “No! Jimmy… I have something to tell you…” I was really nervous. It was obvious that he was used to more… experienced… women. What if he suddenly didn’t want me anymore?

He looked at me a little funny. Apparently he could tell it was something I considered major. He reached out and grabbed my hand, lightly rubbing the top of it with his thumb. “Lil, what’s wrong? What do you need to tell me?” I must have looked incredibly worried about his reaction, because he gave me a reassuring smile and said, “Lily, whatever it is that you have to say… I will still love you anyway. You don’t need to be afraid.”

I took a deep breath and nodded. “Jimmy… I’ve never… never been with anyone like that… I’m… you know…” I blushed again. This was embarrassing!

He looked confused at first, and then he figured it out. “Oh! You mean… You’re a virgin?”

I turned away. How many 20 year olds were virgins nowadays?! And how many rock stars had girlfriends who were virgins?! Not any that I can think of! I can’t believe that he’d still want me after he knows the truth! Maybe this was too good to be true…

I looked up when he started laughing. I couldn’t believe it! He was laughing at me! I scowled. “What’s so funny?!”

He was holding his wounded side and laughing like a hyena. He managed to say, “You! You’re worried about being a virgin! It’s so funny!”

“What’s funny about that?! A lot of guys are put off by that! They don’t want to be responsible for taking someone’s V card!” I continued to scowl at him.

He laughed harder. “And that face! You’re so mad! And you shouldn’t be worried at all! There’s nothing wrong with being a virgin! Hell, we all were once!”

I sighed. “But how many people still are at 20? Probably not very damn many.” I turned away to look at the floor. I was feeling pretty awkward. I just had a talk with my boyfriend about my being a virgin and he laughed at me the whole time.

I felt him grab my hand. I brought myself to look at him, and he was smiling sweetly at me. “Lily, I mean it. There is nothing wrong with you still being a virgin. Just means that you respect yourself enough not to just throw yourself at anyone who wants you. That’s refreshing in the world I live in.”