Chapter 10

Lexi's pov://

*Previously*

After a while, I could tell he was asleep. I'm hungry. I got up carefully and walked into the hallway looking for a vending machine. I finally found one and got some M'N'M's and a lemonade out of the drink machine. I opened both and started eating as I was walking back to Jack's room. Once I got close, I saw doctors and nurses running everywhere and loud machines coming from his room. I dropped my food and drink and ran to his room. No! No! I couldn't get in. They wouldn't let me in. I stood on my tiptoes and looked in. I couldn't even see him. He was surrounded by doctors. All I could see was the heart monitor was flatlining. Tears streamed down my face as I stepped back and collapsed onto the floor crying.

"This can't be happening! This isn't real!" I yelled sobbing.

****************************************************************************************************************

I called Alli hoping she would pick up. She finally answered and I could barley speak.

L- Alli... Alli... he-he....
A- What's wrong? I can't understand you.
L- *sobbing*
A- Come to Gilinsky's room.
L- O-okay.

I got up and started walking. I made it to the room and tried to stop crying but it didn't work. I opened the door and walked and sat down. We all just hugged each other.

"I- I don't know if he's going to make it." I managed to speak.

We stayed in a hug and all I heard was sobbing. I met a boy, fell in love, and now he may be gone forever.

"What happened?" G asked sniffling.

"I- I went to get food and I came back and I heard a really loud machine and there was doctors and nurses in his room surrounding him. They wouldn't let me in... All I could see was the heart rate machine flatlining." At that point, I broke into another sob. "Everyone w-was yelling and chaotic. I don't know what's gonna happen." I finished.

We sat there for hours just waiting for any updates or news. I sat waiting to hear. 'He's okay. He'll be fine.' But it hasn't happened. We sat and sat until Ali eventually was sprawled out on the couch fast asleep. It's like three am. I yawned and stood up and sat on the ground leaning back against the couch and closed my eyes.

"You're not sleeping there. Come here." G said.

"I'm not sleeping. I'm just waiting." I replied and yawned once again.

"Just come here." He insisted.

"But I-"

"You're so stubborn. Get up and come lay with me before I get up and bring you over here." He chuckled.

"Fine." I gave in.

I got up and dusted myself off. I slipped my shoes off and laid beside him.

"Jack....." I said quietly on the verge of tears again.

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything." He spoke softly and wrapped an arm around me.

I nodded and scooted closer to him. My eyes were heavy as my mind was flooded with thought. I eventually fell asleep wishing I would wake up and it was all a dream.

"Lex. Lex." Someone whispered shaking me lightly.

I opened my eyes seeing Ali.

"I'm going to get breakfast. Wanna come?" She asked.

"Sure. You can go ahead. I need to freshen up." I answered quietly.

She nodded and headed off to breakfast. I looked beside me and saw Gilinsky still fast asleep. He had an arm secured around my waist and would snore softly occasionally. I tried getting up but he held onto me tighter.

"No. Don't leave me." He spoke.

"I'm just going to get breakfast. I'll bring you back something if you want." I suggested.

"Ok fine but then you have to lay back down with me."

"Haha ok. So needy." I joked and he smiled with his eyes still closed.

He let go of me and I got up and stretched then walked into the bathroom. So this wasn't a dream. It's real. I can't believe this is real. I washed my face and dug in the small bag I had. I brushed my teeth and hair and  put on deodorant. Maybe I have a change of clothes in here. I found a pair of Nike shorts and a shirt and changed. I walked back out of the bathroom setting my bag down on the couch.

"I'll sneak you some food in here. Hospital food is disgusting."

"Ah! You're the best." He chuckled.

I laughed and walked out the door to find the breakfast area.

"What hospital has Mcdonalds breakfast?" I asked Ali while laughing as we walked back to the room with Mcdonalds.

"Um a good one obviously." She replied chuckling.

"I still can't believe we haven't heard any news yet..... I said I would never fall in love again.... And I did..and now he could be taken away from me." I said quietly.

"God has a plan. Don't worry. He's gonna be okay." She said grabbing my hand and giving it a squeeze.

"How do you know?"

"I feel it." She answered and I hugged her.

"Thank you for always being here for me. I feel like I don't say that enough." I said.

"Of course! That's what best friends are for." She replied smiling.

We got back to Gilinsky's room and his eyes lit up once he saw the Mcdonalds. I took out a bacon egg and cheese biscuit and a hash brown and brought it to him and then handed him a bottle of water.

"You guys are the bestest." He smiled.

"I don't think that's a word." Ali laughed.

"It is now." Jack replied.

We all ate and I threw the trash away and went back into the room. G was asleep and Ali was sitting on the couch. I sat down beside her and stared at the ground when I heard a knock on the door. The door opened revealing a doctor.

"Excuse me. Are you here for Jack Johnson?" He asked putting his glasses on.

"Yes." I answered standing up.

THE END!!!!!!!

So guys that was the end of mission 481!!!! There will be a sequel. So you might wonder why it's so short, it's because this book is supposed to be about the one mission. So now time to start the next. It won't be immediately though. I hope you enjoyed and thank you SO much for reading! Please vote and comment! Love you all! <3
€Edited€