Chapter 5

Lexi's pov://

I clicked on the spray setting on my watch and sprayed a little of the sleeping gas on him. That way he won't wake up ,and I can leave. I unraveled from his grip and got out of the bed wincing at the pain in my side. I took a deep breath and changed into some jeans and a sweatshirt with some tennis shoes and put my hair in a bun. I don't have time to get ready completely. It's almost midnight. I put on my glasses and grabbed a small knife that I put in my pocket and walked back over to Jack. I kissed his lips softly and whispered "I'm sorry."

I slowly left the room and went downstairs, the guilt panging in my stomach. I exited through the back door of the hotel and silently crept into the alley. I pressed my back against the wall and peeked in the alley. I saw one of the other agents I work with holding a gun up pointed right at Jasper while Jasper held a gun on Gilinsky's head. G had fear written across his face. Poor kid has no clue why this is happening.

"Where is she?" Jasper yelled furiously and Jack winced as he was yelling right in his ear.

"You're not getting her." Jake, the agent I work with, replied.

"Tell me or I'll kill this kid." He said and started counting down. "Three, two, o-" I couldn't take it any longer.

"I'm right here." I yelled and stepped out.

Jasper threw Gilinsky down and started running towards me. Jake ran to Gilinsky and helped him up. I ducked under Jasper's punch and kicked him hard in the side. I jumped out of the way of his grasp as he was trying to grab me. The pain in my side increased, but I still fought. I threw more and more punches until the pain was unbearable and I could barley breath. He threw a punch and hit me straight in the eye. I tried running away, but he grabbed me causing me to twist my ankle and fall. I tried getting up , but he pushed me back down. I heard more footsteps and prepared to be beat up or killed but nothing happened.

"Lexi. Lexi. Are you okay?" Gilinsky asked kneeling down beside me.

"Yeah. Fine." I replied and sat up.

"Let's get out of here." He said and I tried standing up but couldn't.

G just picked me up and started running. He ran in the back door of the hotel. We were waiting for the elevator. It dinged and out came a frantic Jack J. He looked releived when he saw me, but worried.

"Lexi. Are you okay?" He asked and G set me down carefully still holding me up.

"I'm okay. I'm sorry." I apoligized.

"You told me you weren't going. I was so scared." He said and wrapped his arms around me.

I hugged him back and he picked me up and gave G a look. He obviously didn't like the idea of Gilinsky carrying me.

"Come on let's go." He said and got back on the elevator and G followed.

"What was that?" G asked.

"It's a long story." I replied. "I can tell you later."

"Oh okay." G replied.

We sat in silence until the elevator dinged. We stepped out and walked to my room. Jack set me down and I took the keycard out of my bra and unlocked the door.

"I'll go get you some ice babe. Uh G go in there and make sure she's okay." Jack said and hurried off.

I started to walk in but G just picked me up and walked in and left the door cracked for Jack behind him.

"It's okay. I got you." He said and walked to the bed and sat me down.

"Thanks." I replied.

"No problem and thank you." He said.

"For what?" I asked.

"You saved me. You could've been killed. Why didn't you just let me die?" He asked.

"I couldn't do that. You don't deserve to be killed." I answered.

"But you were almost killed." He replied.

"It doesn't matter if I die. I have no family to care about me. No one would miss me. I'd just be gone. But you're different. You have everyone. No one should have to go through that." I stated.

"I would miss you." He said quietly and I turned to look at him.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because I like you. How could I not? You're beautiful, you're selfless, you're just amazing Lexi." He said and put a hand on my cheek.

"G. I- I-" I stuttered and didn't know what to say. I like Jack not G. I mean he's sweet but I can't do this.

I see he's leaning in and I lean back slightly when the door opens. I look and see Jack and his face drops. He looks back from G to me.

"Jack. It's not what it looks like." I said.

"Oh really. Well it looks like you were going to kiss my best friend." He said angrily.

"No I wasn't going to kiss him. I like you Jack. You know that." I said and stood up ignoring the pain jolting through my whole body.

"Lex. Sit down." Jack said calmly and walked over to me.

Gilinsky stood up and stormed out. Jack put the ice bag down on the bed and pulled me to his chest.

"You promise you like me and not him." Jack said.

"Yes." I answered and he kissed my forehead and and lifted me off my feet then sat down with me in his lap.

"I really like you and I'm really sorry. I just got jelous." He said and put the ice pack on my eye.

"It's okay." I replied and laid my head on his chest.

We sat there for a while like that just holding enjoying being with each other.

"I need to talk to G." I said sitting up.

"Why?" Jack asked.

"Because he's upset and I feel bad." I replied.

"Why do you feel bad?" Jack asked.

"Because it's my fault he's upset. He told me he liked me and them you came in and I ignored him and told you how I liked you not him. Then he kind of just left." I stated.

"Oh." Jack said simply.

"Can you tell him to come in here and you can go get a shower or something so we can talk?" I asked.

"Yeah. I'll go tell him to come in here and I'll shower there." He responded.

"Thank you." I said and kissed his cheek, but then he turned his head and his soft lips met mine.

I kissed back and smiled then we pulled away. Jack set me down and got up and left to get G. I have no clue what I'm going to say, but I really want him to be my friend. Especially if he's Jack's best friend.

€Edited€