Chapter 4

Jack's pov://

This is all my fault. Why did I follow her? I'm so stupid. I sped off after the ambulance worrying out of my mind. They wouldn't let me go with her. I don't blame them, I don't even know her last name. I've only known Lexi for a day and I can't get my mind off of her. I guess that's her work she couldn't tell me about... I feel so bad for ruining everything and her getting hurt. I'm so stupid.

"Dammit." I yelled smashing my hands against the steering wheel.

I took a deep breath and saw the ambulance turn into the parking lot of a hospital. Finally. I found a parking space and hurried in. I rushed to the front desk.

"There's a girl that just came in named Alexis. I need to see her." I said frantically.

"I'm sorry sir. You will have to wait until the doctor gives permission for anyone to see her. He will come tell you when." She replied nicely.

"Thank you." I replied and fake smiled.

I went into the waiting room and sat in an empty section when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I took it out and saw a message from an unknown number.

Unknown- If you ever want to see your little Jack friend again, meet me tonight at exactly midnight in the alley behind the hotel- J

It must be Jasper. He has Gilinsky. Oh shit. This is bad, very very bad.

"Are you here for Alexis Willow?" A doctor walked up to me and asked.

"Yes. I am." I replied and stood up.

"Follow me." He said and turned around and started walking as I followed. He stopped at a door and walked in. I followed him and saw Lexi sitting in a hospital bed talking to a nurse. She nodded and the nurse smiled and left.

"Lex." I said as I walked in.

"Jack." She said a little surprised. "Why are you here?" She asked.

"I had to make sure you were okay." I replied and bent down beside her.

I don't even know where the doctor went. He just kind of left.

"I'm fine. Just some stitches and stuff." She shrugged.

"I feel really bad. I shouldn't have went in there and you wouldn't be hurt. I'm so sorry." I said.

"No don't be. It's okay... At least they have Jasper and his sidekick or whatever now." She said releived.

Actually they don't. He has Jack. Should I tell her? I don't want to worry her. She will most likely try to go do something, and obviously she can't right now. I'll just wait. I smiled and nodded.

"I don't have to stay the night either, but I don't have any clothes now." She said and sat back thinking.

"I have some more in my car. I'll go grab them for you and then take you back to hotel if you want." I suggested.

"Okay." She replied and smiled.

Her smile is gorgeous and contagious. I walked out and started walking to my car while smiling to myself like an idiot. I grabbed the sweats I luckily had in the backseat and started walking back. I reached her room and walked in seeing her still smiling.

"They might be a little big but here you go." I said and handed them to her.

"Thanks Jack." She replied.

"Do you want me to leave so you can change?" I asked.

"No just turn around." She replied and shrugged.