Chapter 9

Lexi's pov://

Once we got to the hospital, I got checked and everything. I was fine except a few bruises and scrapes and stuff. I am really worried about Jack and G though. Right now, I'm sitting with Alli in the waiting room tapping my foot and fiddling with my fingers.

"Jack Gilinsky?" A doctor called walked into the room and Alli and I stood up. "I'm Dr. James. Follow me please." He said to us and started walking. "We have stitched him up and he is all good. He lost a good bit of blood, but he's gonna be okay. He would've lost too much if you didn't save him." He stated.

"Okay. When is he going to be able to leave?" I asked.

"At least by two days. Not too long. We just need to keep him hydrated and make sure everything is going good before we let him go. One at a time please while visiting." He replied and stopped at a room.

"Thank you Dr. James." Alli said politely and he smiled and left to another room.

"You can go in first." Alli spoke softly and I smiled and nodded.

I opened the door slowly and walked in seeing G laying in the hospital bed hooked up to all these machines. A tear slipped out of my eye and I quickly wiped it away and walked to his bed as the door shut behind me.

"Lex..." G said weakly and tears welled in my eyes.

"Jack." I whispered and sat down beside him.
(Right now, Jack is Jack Gilinsky if you were confused.)

"No, no. Don't cry. Please." He said reaching his hand up to rest on my cheek.

"This is all my fault." I managed to say as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"No. Don't say that. This isn't your fault." He said speaking louder and sitting up.

"It's all because of me." I sobbed.

"No." He said and opened his arms up pulling me into a hug.

We sat there for a few minutes with me just crying and him comforting me and then we pulled away. He wiped the tears off my cheeks with his thumbs and said "Don't ever say it's your fault ever again. I promise it's not."

"But Jack-"

"No."

I nodded slowly and wiped my face off with my shirt. He hugged me for a few more minutes then asked "Is Alli here?"

"Yes. Yes she is." I chuckled. "I'll go tell her she can come in now."

He smiled and I got up and started walking towards the door.

"Thank you for saving me." He spoke. "The doctor told me... What you did, saved my life. Thank you."

"You're welcome. I would do anything for you G." I smiled and walked out to get Alli.

"He wants to see you." I giggled and she smiled.

"Okay." She blushed and walked in.

(Now when it says Jack, it's referring to Jack J)
I know they like each other. It's so obvious. I went back into the waiting room and sat down. I have no idea how Jack is. I don't know if he's gonna make it. I pulled my knees to my chest and cried silently. There isn't anyone else in here right now so it's okay. I waited for a good half hour before a doctor walked out and called "Jack Johnson?"

I wiped my face off and stood up as she approached me.

"He is stable and doing good right now. The bullet was surgically removed and he has some stitches. No internal organ damage thankfully. He's very lucky." She stated looking at her clipboard then back at me.

"When is he going to be able to leave?" I asked.

"We don't know yet. He lost a lot of blood. We have to make sure he's stable enough." She replied.

"Oh okay. Can I see him?" I asked.

"Sure. Follow me." She smiled.

I followed her to a room and she stopped and motioned for me to go in. I walked in seeing Jack hooked up to the machines and sitting up staring at the wall.

"Jack." Was all I could manage to say.

"Lex." He spoke weakly and wrapped his arms around me.

I sat beside him still hugging him and cried into his chest.

"It's okay. I'm fine." He said.

"They said you're lucky to be alive. This- this is all my fault. I shouldn't of ever talked to you. I never wanted you to get hurt." I sobbed.

"No, it's not your fault baby. There's nothing you could've done." He replied.

I cried some more until I couldn't cry anymore. We pulled away and he wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"How is G?" He asked.

"He's doing good. The doctor said he should be able to leave in two days maybe." I responded.

"That's good.... Do you know when I can leave?" He asked.

"They said they don't know yet." I answered and put my hand on his. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He smiled softly.

I nodded and smiled back. He leaned up and softly pressed his lips to mine. I kissed back and smiled as we pulled away.

"I love you Jack."

"I love you more." He smiled. "Cuddle with me. I wanna take a nap." He yawned.

"Okay." I giggled and laid beside him.

After a while, I could tell he was asleep. I'm hungry. I got up carefully and walked into the hallway looking for a vending machine. I finally found one and got some M'N'M's and a lemonade out of the drink machine. I opened both and started eating as I was walking back to Jack's room. Once I got close, I saw doctors and nurses running everywhere and loud machines coming from his room. I dropped my food and drink and ran to his room. No! No! I couldn't get in. They wouldn't let me in. I stood on my tiptoes and looked in. I couldn't even see him. He was surrounded by doctors. All I could see was the heart monitor was flatlining. Tears streamed down my face as I stepped back and collapsed onto the floor crying.

"This can't be happening! This isn't real!" I yelled sobbing.

I thought about ending the book here but 1 more chapter :)
€Edited€