Chapter 1

Chapter1 ~2158 N.W.

"Excuse me miss but is this seat taken?" A woman asked, clutching her bag in her hand and a coat on the other. She looked a bit weary despite wearing a business suit. She must have been working overtime.

"No." I answered, shaking my head at her before going back to my sketchbook.

"Okay." She let out a sigh as she sat down next to me.

My pencil scratches along the surface of the paper as I drew thin lines and darkened some edges which I thought needed more detail. I felt her eyes follow my hand, and eagerly at that. I glanced at her direction and she looked away noticing that I caught her watching. I went back to drawing and she stopped me saying, "You're a talented artist."

I smiled at the peculiar business woman, shaking my head. "I'm not so sure about that."

"You should be." she stated, reassuring me with her smile. Her eyes were still intrigued as she looked at my drawing before asking, "Who's that?"

I glanced down at the paper then back at her, my face contorted with uncertainty. "I don't know." I laughed momentarily and stated, "It's strange but I saw him in a dream."

"He's gorgeous." She smiled at me, making light of the creases on her dainty face. "And I don't think it is the slightest bit strange."

I looked at her confused.

"If there is one thing I've learned in life, it's that things happen for a reason and that those things are never coincidental. Seeing him might be a sign of some sort." she looked at me, giving me a sincere smile before looking at the door as the train called for a stop.

"It was nice talking to you." she sighed, smiling again.

"You too."

She stood up, walking away until she looked back at me and asked. "His eyes,"

"What?"

"What color are they?"

I only smiled at her and shrugged. She nodded with understanding before walking out the door. The train started again and the doors shut, making me look back at my drawing again.

"I wish I knew though..." I whispered to myself before closing my sketchbook.

I leaned towards the window and sighed. It's finally summer and I'm on a train heading for Arxean. It's where I live. It's a beautiful little town in the Carrollian County just in the outskirts of the Kingdom of Avenir. I really miss my home so I'm visiting it before I leave to start my job in the Kingdom.

It's been four years since I last saw my home. Studying at the university and graduating with a degree all from a scholarship took its toll on my time so I never had the time to visit. I don't want to waste any of my time so I'm spending every moment I can in my homeland. I can't wait to see my family. I've sent them letters as often as I could and I've kept each of their replies preciously by my side.

The University was a rough adjustment for me; new place, new subjects, new teachers, and new people. It was really difficult for an eighteen year old girl at that time because I lived in the country and I was sent to the city for a better school. My parents wanted a better opportunity in my education, I guess, but I know they just want what they thought was best for me.

You see, everything was rough during this lifetime. The "old" world, as we now called it, had been replaced by the new rule. Everything changed because of the great international struggle and economical downfall that happened more than a hundred decades ago. History has been written anew. Everything from the Medieval wars, American revolution to World War 2 was nothing compared to what had transcended, at least that's what I was told in school. Many countries had fallen to ruin and became desolate because it could no longer provide a place for people to survive in. The remaining presidents and officials of the surviving countries that could still uphold a secure support for the people made a new system. They combined their remaining resources and made a new country in a system of a modernized rule and heirarchy.