Chapter 24

Hey guys!

I want you to know that this was written longer than it already was but I cut the rest because I thought it was too long. Hope you don't mind.

Explaining the dancing part was sooooo hard I had to research! I'M NOT A DANCER SO IT WAS HARD! I just wanna point that out loud. Hahaha

!!!!!!!! ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!!!!

So... the continuation (Afternoon fitting part) will take place in the next chapter. And the big "I didn't expect it to go that wrong" event will also happen in the next chapter. It will!

INNOCENCE Song Soundtrack! So close by Jon Mclaughin ♡♡♡

SO KEEP ON UPDATING!

Thanks for reading. Hope you like it!

Please continue to support MASQUERADE.

Please VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE, FOLLOW? :)

====================================

Chapter 24

Zia was standing by her bedroom door with a huge grin on her face. I could tell she was really looking forward to this.

She then grabbed my hands when I finally reached her after I was finally done changing. "Are you ready? You look ready."

"No, I'm not. I look ready because you made me change into this dress." I said, trying to correct her.

I quickly glanced at the outfit she made me wear. It was a short chiffon and lace blush pink dress with an a-line scoop neckline that had short lace sleeves; and it was adorned with rhinestones on a silk light pink belt which was tied with a ribbon at the back. It was elegant yet simple at the same time.

"I really do like this dress but is wearing this really necessary? And these heels are killing my feet." I pouted, feeling slightly uncomfortable. I like dresses but I would really rather wear pants and boots.

"You look fine!" she said, reassuring me. "Besides it only takes practice. You need to get used to it."

"Remind me that after I happily get blisters." I said, a little bit sarcastic.

She lightly laughed. "The instructor specifically told me that we have to wear the proper attire."

I sighed, giving in without much choice. "Fine. And thank you."

I then smiled and looked at her dress. She was wearing a short red organza a-line tulle dress with a short neckline and only one strap draped on her shoulder; and it was adorned with beads and rhinestones. It was incredibly stunning.

"But compared to you, you look more amazing." I said, complimenting her.

She giggled as she opened the door. "Thank you."

We began to walk towards their ballroom, where we'll be practicing, when her eyes suddenly then lit up upon remembering something. "I just noticed it, but where are your parents? They should be here for the practice by now. You told them, didn't you?"

"Yes, but they told me that they'd be late because they had errands to run. They told me to tell you that they would try to catch up for practice if they have time but I'm sure they'll be here for the fitting." I explained, apologetically.

"It's okay. I think my grandparents told me that they know how to do the ceremonial dance." she said, shrugging.

"What's that?"