Chapter Five

"Wait.. what made you stop..?" Asked Liv when I explained what happened with the human. I grabbed 4 people on the way home and I was draining the blood and harvesting the organs and anything else edible.

"I'm not sure. I think it had something to do with how I felt when I looked at him." I replied. As I licked my fingers.

"What did he look like?" Liv asked, disgusted by my actions.

"He had thick, short, straight brown hair cut like a lot of adolescent males have it. He was tall, maybe 6'4, 6'5? He had tannish white skin.. he didn't have any facial hair. His eyebrows and lashes were the same color of his hair... he was thin.. um.." I struggled a little to remember, "He had beautiful eyes. They were a wonderful shade of blue with a thin green ring in the middle. It was like they gave off their own light. They were bloodshot as well... I thought that was odd.." I finished.

"What was the feeling you had when you looked into his eyes?" Liv questioned.

"It was like.. like.. moths fluttering around inside of me.. like my heart skipped a beat, but somehow in a good way. The feeling you get when you look at something and you just know you could look at it forever, and it wouldn't ever get boring." I sighed.

"Sounds like you were attracted to him... " Liv smirked. "You have experienced this feeling before, right? I mean come on, this can't be the first time someone has caught your attention this way."

"Actually, vampires only fall for one person in their entire life. Most cases they get the person of their dreams, but if they don't.." My voice trailed off as I remembered what happens.

"If they don't.. what?" Liv asked eagerly.

"They become depressed..It's as if the happy part of their soul gets ripped out completely.. they mourn and don't drink blood, and a vampire without blood.. Well.. it's not pretty. They become less and less humane, and more and more animal like.. And if they go without blood for too long.. They die." My voice cracked. "No no no no.. no.. this can't happen.. I can't fall in love with a human.. oh no no no no... " I shook my head. "This can't be happening!" I wailed.

"But it did. So you need to make the best of it." Liv said. "Anything can happen."

"Doesn't mean anything should happen." I grumbled. "I better get to bed. Goodnight Liv." I said and then I went upstairs to the regular level of the Tree House.

My curiosity canceled out my fear and I decided to consult my rocks. I have a magical six sided die I created that answer some questions regarding my future. I simply ask a question and toss them into a large wooden bowl and they land according to what the future holds. Side one has a Y, meaning no matter what I do, the answer is yes. Side two has a N, meaning no matter what events take place the answer is no. Side three has an X, meaning I shouldn't know just yet. Side four has a P, meaning depending on what events do take place, it is a possibility. Side five is black, which means something bad will happen in result if I did what I asked. Side six is white, meaning something good will happen for a result if I did what I asked. "Do I have feelings for the human I nearly killed today." I said as I tossed the die into the bowl. The dice rolled a Y. I sighed. "Is this feeling going to affect me in a positive way?" I tossed the die and the answer it gave me was P. "Will we end up together?" I tossed the die and it rolled a X. I sighed. I put the die back and I flew to the castle into the third story window.

I went down the stairs into the kitchen and I put the human parts away, like you would groceries into a fridge or pantry. I went back upstairs and I went into my room. As quietly as possible, I slipped into a navy blue short sleeved nightgown and I layed down on the lily pads in my pond and fell into a deep sleep.