Chapter Fifteenth

"I TOLD YOU SO!" Liv did a victory kick in the air.

"Yeah, I know-"

"I said that anything could happen and it totally did you were like 'no' and I was like 'yeah' and then I was like 'you should stalk him' and you were like 'no that's creepy' and then you totally di-"

"Okay Liv I get it."

"And now here you are I mean he kissed you like he likes you you guys can be together forever and have little babies and stuff and a bunch of stuff like that and-"

"Woah, chill. First of all, we can't be together forever because he can't live forever." Saying that, my heart sunk. I mean, I thought about it briefly, but it really hit me there.

"Well, is there a way? I mean, you could bite him." She suggested.

"No, I'm not a full vampire. My bites won't turn."

"Oh. Well, you're like a witch, right? Maybe you can make a potion to turn you human or him a creature or something."

"I don't know of anything like that..." My thoughts trailed off. Liv had a great point, that could work, if there was such thing. But who would change their life for the other?

"You should look into it. But..."

"But what?"

"What about Azazel? What about Bella? What about a possible war?"

Some thoughts struck me. Bella has always been there for me; I need to marry Azazel to help her.

But I'll die if I can't be with Apollo.

"I don't know just yet. I'll figure it out." I said smoothly like it was no big deal.

Liv yawned. "You always talk to me at night when I'm tired."

"Sorry." I shrugged. "You want me to leave?"

"Yeah, but I wasn't gonna say anything 'cause I didn't wanna be rude."

"Fine." I scoffed as I headed upstairs. I was about to go out the exit but instead I stopped to think. Maybe I should check to see if there is a potion/spell to turn myself human. I turned around and went behind the cupboard to unlock the very bottom drawer. This drawer can only be unlocked by my blood, for it contains the most dangerous book out there. If the wrong someone got their hands on this, they could destroy the island.

I pricked my finger and touched the small circle in the center and the drawer slowly opened. I picked up the book and began to flip through the pages. I looked at spell after spell and potion after potion for the entire length of the book. Feeling defeated, I went to put it away. Wait. A voice in my head said. I looked around the room. The page in the back. It continued. Hesitantly, I flipped to the back. A blank page. I sighed. Reveal spell. The voice whispered. I said a reveal spell out loud and tapped the center. All of a sudden, words began to appear on the page.

'Transformation of a Creature,' it read.

"This spell is actually quite simple. All the ingredients you should have. (With a few exceptions.)

- 3 dragon scales
- 7 newt eyes
- 1/2 a gallon of freshwater
- one vampire tooth
- the heart of the creature you want them to turn into"

I got all of those, I thought.

"These effects are only temporary. One cup will last a few hours or so. For a perminant effect, add two phoenix tear drops. Beware, once you take the perminant spell, there is no going back."

The words came to an end. Immediately I began to gather the ingredients together and put them into a pot, having to run to the kitchen for a human heart. After stiring everything around, (except for the phoenix tears,) I poured a sip into a glass. "Here goes nothing." I said to myself as I downed it in one gulp. "Algh," I exclaimed in disgust, for the liquid tasted so foul. I waited for a few moments and nothing happened. "Its a dud! What ev-" and it hit me in mid sentence.

The pain was excruciating. I'm positive my screams could be heard for miles. It felt like I was being turned inside out. My world shook rapidly and I fell down in agonizing pain. The feeling seemed to last for hours until it finally stopped all at once.

I stumbled around to find my full body mirror, feeling strangly lighter than normal. When I found it, I gazed at my reflection in shock.

The first obvious difference was my wings, for they were gone. My eyes weren't so cat like; they were human, yet still one blue and one green. I opened my mouth to see only human teeth, no vampire teeth. I stuck out my tongue but it only barely went down to my chin. My ears were no longer pointed; and my claws were now finger nails. I tried to take out my extra set of arms, but nothing happened. I was human.

But it went as soon as it came, for I began to endure the same pain again, and this time after it stopped, I was back to being a monster. I grinned. It worked! I thought excitedly. This changes everything, I thought as I cleaned up, put the liquid in storage, and headed home.