Chapter Sixteen

"You're in a good mood, I take it your date went well?" Bella asked me over breakfast.

"Yeah, something like that." I replied as I pushed my food around. The butterflies are there again, but not from Azazel.

"It must have went well, you've hardly touched your food." She stated bluntly, as if she knew exactly what I was thinking. Ha, if she knew what I was thinking, she would kill me.

"Bionca?"

"Yes?"

"How long has it been since you've had a drink?"

"Within 5 days." (By drink, she means blood.) "I'm full." I said as I pushed my meal away. A Nool appeared out of nowhere to grab my food.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Chandler asked, seeming concerned.

"I'm fine." I insisted.

"Good, because you have another date with him tomorrow." Bella said.

"Okay," I muttered, doing everything to stifle a groan, "May I be excused?"

Bella pursed her lips. "I suppose."

And with that I practically ran out of there.

***

"Doctor?" A young spider called my attention which broke my train of thought.

"Yes?"

"Your next customer is waiting." She informed me.

"Send them up."

After a few seconds, Azazel was lingering in the doorway.

"Knock knock." He teased.

"Azazel I'm working." I snapped.

"I know," he started, "I'm your next patient."

"What do you want?" I sneered.

He pulled up his pant leg to reveal a fairly large gash in his right leg.

"Goodness, come over here." I motioned at the examining table I was behind, and he limped towards me. "Lay down." I instructed.

"Aren't you aggressive."

"Shut up and do as I say."

"Rawr."

I rolled my eyes as I pulled out a piece of glass that magnified whatever was on the other side of it. In the gash, I saw elf blood, a tooth, and some black liquid. "What did you do?" I asked.

"Got in a fight with garden troll. Let me tell you, those things are tiny, but nasty."

"Brace yourself."

"Wha- OUCH!" He said as I yanked the tooth from the wound. I examined it. Yep, definitely garden troll.

"Sorry." I said, but didn't mean.

"Is it infected?"

"I don't think so..." I said, unsure of my answer.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I'm not sure what this black liquid is..."

"Oh, that's just the result of troll salvia mixing with elf blood. Not sure what it does, but its happened to me a number of times." He told me.

"Do you mind if I sample that? For study purposes?" I asked him.

"Not it all. After all, what's mine is yours." He winked.

I grabbed a small bottle and collected some then proceeded to clean his wound. After it was clean, I sewed it up with some magic twine. "Don't move while the twine seals your wound, otherwise it won't seal it right." In a matter of seconds, his leg looked perfectly normal.