Well, crap.

Why hello! I just have to take a moment to thank everyone who read, commented, fanned, and voted on my story! It was extremely encouraging and I highly recommend you do it again! :D

This chapter is dedicated to you guys, and I hope you like it!

Quick thing that I would like to address, I realize to some of you that this story seems to remind you of Twilight. Which is understandable! But I would like to point out that probably almost any vampire/werewolf story is going to instantly remind people of Twilight because of how insanely popular it is! It is not my intention and I’m going to work extra hard for it not to! Also, “Leah”  is pronounced “Lay” in this story.  Not to be mistaken for Leah. Thank you and please enjoy!(:

~~

“So what happened then?” Vin, the alpha of the pack asked uncrossing his arms and leaning forward resting his elbows on his knees.  The whole pack was gathered in Cannon’s living room. After Cannon brought Jaylynn home he called Vin to let him know that he found his mate and to fill him in on what happened after he phased out. Vin then immediately called the rest of the pack members.  Cannons’ mate was currently sleeping.  

“I told you, and then I knocked him out.”

Cannon cast one last look over the sleeping women in his bed before he pushed himself off of  the door ledge, nodding to Luben who was assigned as watch dog.

Luben grinned and waved back. His tail practically wagging. Cannon chuckled slightly and closed the door. Vin sighed, running a hand over his shaved head.  “What I want to know is why the dude was strangling her in the first place.” Bobby frowned leaning back into the couch, throwing his arm over the back.  Cannon growled low in his throat, his fist clenching.  “That’s a question I intend to find out.”

“Too bad you knocked him out. We could’ve asked him.” Jaxison said dryly. When the room got quiet he looked up noticing that everyone was staring at him. “What?” Everyone kept staring. “It’s the truth! “ He said defensively. They all rolled their eyes. 

Cannon fixed Jaxison with a glare before looking back to Vin. Jaxison mumbled something under his breath before turning his attention back to the conversation. Shooting a snickering Bobby a glare of his own.

“Neither of them saw me in my wolf form.” Cannon said, noticing how Vin’s shoulders seemed to relax.  “That’s good. Less we have to worry about.” Vin said, everyone nodding their head in agreement.

 “I’m sorry,  but am I the only one who doesn’t think this is a bit suspicious?”  Leah spoke out, raising her hand and stepping forward so that everyone can see her. Cannon clenched his fist again, as he glared at Leah.  

“What’s that suppose to mean!?” Cannon gritted out. Leah turned towards Cannon, putting her hand on her hip. “It means” Leah said slowly, as if she was talking to a toddler. “This chick shows up, smells like vamps, just happens to get strangled-“

“Leah..” Vin warned, as Cannons’ growl got louder, putting a hand out in a calming gesture.

 “-And you just happen to be there to save the day?” Leah continued, ignoring Vin’s warning.

 “Yeah, like that doesn’t spell out trap.” She scoffed, crossing her arms. Cannon shot up out of his seat, stalking towards her. “You saying that my mate is blood sucker?!” He shouted angrily, his voice nearly a snarl. His eyes flashed yellow. Vin shot out a hand to keep Cannon back while Bobby put a hand on his shoulder keeping him in place.

 “No.” Leah growled “I’m saying that she might be running with them!” Leah smirked, while Cannon roared, trying to break free of Bobby’s hold.

“Enough!” Vin barked, pushing a hand on Cannons chest while his other holds Leah back. “Chill out bro!” Bobby pulls Cannon back, grunting slightly from the effort. 

“She’s my mate!” Cannon growled furiously, struggling against Bobby and Vin. Jaxison sits back, resting his hands behind his head, watching the show go down with a grin on his face.

 “Cannon, calm down!” Vin snapped, turning around and snatching up Leah’s arm he throws her down onto the opposite end of the couch. “You too!” He demanded, fixing his younger sister with a stern stare.

Leah huffed and crossed her arms, sitting back quietly. Vin turned his attention back to Cannon, Bobby finally managing to get him to sit down. He was still snarling at Leah. “Cannon!” Vin barked with a little more force than necessary, both his and his wolf’s protective instincts coming out. Cannon snapped his head up to look at Vin. “Enough.” Vin demanded, his alpha voice reinforcing the command.  When Cannons’ snarls turned into low growls, Vin continued.

“We do not doubt that she’s your mate.” Vin said looking at Cannon. “Some of us-“ Vin glances over at Leah “ are simply just trying to make sure she’s not in any danger to you.”

Leah rolled her eyes but grudgingly nodded in agreement.  “Well great!” Jaxison sat up and clapped his hands, rubbing them together. “When do we get to meet her?” He asked, looking around at everyone grinning.  

And then, they all heard a scream.

“Well, crap.”

~~

I do realize this is short, but that's only cause I wanted to put my thoughts down. The next chapter should be up in about an hour!