Drowning in you.

Having a mate sucks. Cannon thought to himself, growling lowly as another image of Jaxsion and Emery latest "alone" time flashed through his mind.

He shook his head, pushing himself to run faster so he can hurry up and phase back. His breath came out in small puffs as he ran through the forest. Weaving in and out through the maze of lush green. Running felt good. The feel of his massive paws on the ground, his nails digging into the dirt. His wolf loved it, he loved it. It was absolute freedom. Another image flashed through his mind, this time of Leah. Oh hell no!

Keep your damn thoughts to yourself! Cannon shouted angrily, growling openly.

Sorry Cannon!

Maybe you should just get laid, at least then you won't have blue balls.

Cannon snarled, turning sharply as he pounced on Leah jaws snapping ignoring the laugher coming from the other pack members. Leah let out a startled yelp as she fell on her back, before growling and kicking him off, throwing him over her and crashing into a tree. Cannon hopped up quickly, his lip curling back showing his teeth as he snarled at her. Leah snarled back, snapping her jaws at Cannon, before she launched.

C'mon guys! Can't we all just get along? Luben said as he let out a small whine, switching from paw to paw restlessly watching them fight.

They all ignored him of course.

Enough! Vin barked as he phased, his alpha voice instantly bonding them. Cannon and Leah both froze.

Get off Cannon.

Cannon growled but obeyed, releasing Leah as he took a step back. Leah glared as she rolled off her back where Cannon had her pinned standing upright again. Cannon just huffed, shaking his huge wolf head rolling his eyes and taking off into the tree's again.

Pay up Bobby!

That shouldn't even count! Vin interrupted them!

Cannon ignored them again, slowing down his gait into a easy trot as he reached the outskirts of the woods to his house. Cannon lifted himself up onto his hind legs, phasing smoothly standing.

As nice as it is running, and turning himself over to his wolf, Cannon liked the time to himself. Having to share his mind with eight other people can get kind of tiring. Especially since half the pack found their mate. Cannon shook his head at the thought, his expression darkening. He couldn't understand the whole thing. Meeting your soul mate, your other half, the one person to complete you.

"Hah! More like being whipped!" Cannon said to himself. He will not mate. Over his dead body. Cannon liked being able to walk into a bar, pick his choice of the night, screw 'em then leave 'em. That's the way it should be. No strings attached, with everyone happy.

Cannon head snapped up quickly, his ears twitching as he heard a sharp, shrill scream. Cannon took off running south, towards the cliffs. When another scream pierced the air, horror heavily laced with it, Cannon phased in one quick movement. The shreds of his shorts going unnoticed. He instantly felt the pack stir, turning around from where they were and taking off in his direction.

Do you think it's an attack? Vin asked, as he kept running towards Cannon. Leah and Jaxsion flanking his sides. Leah, being faster easily passed them.

No. Cannon answered, sniffing the air quickly. Inhaling salt and seaweed, but not smelling the disgustingly sweet smell of a Vampire.

Cannon saw the clearing ahead of him, the waves crashing against the jagged rocks violently. Another scream sounded, but this time weaker than the first two. Cannon growled and pushed himself faster. He burst through the clearing, skidding to a stop on the cliffs. Looking around wildly. A flash of black caught his eye from below, whipping his head around he looked down.

A girl was struggling against a burly man, her body in the water as the man held her by her throat. She was clawing at his hands, as she struggled to keep her head above the water.

He was drowning her! Cannon realized quickly, growling loudly.

Cannon don't he can't se-

He launched himself off the cliff falling gracefully into the water. Cannon swam quickly the crash of the waves sounding like muted thunder above him. He had to get to her in time. The desperate need to save her, and the white hot rage he felt about the man hurting her made him swim harder. He didn't know why, but he knew if he failed to get to her in time it would kill him.

***

Jaylynn struggled desperately, the terror choking her. Well that, and the massive hand wrapped around her throat didn't help either.

"Somebody help!" She screamed as loud as she can, before she was pushed under the water again. She wailed around, her hand reaching out of the water clawing at his face. She was running out of air. Her lungs screamed for it, the burning feeling of it causing her survival instincts to go haywire.

I'm gonna die.

The realization hit her so quickly, her struggling weakend. The hand that was clawing at his face, stopped as her body went lax. Her eyes slowly closed just as she was suddenly yanked out of the water. She felt strong arms wrap around her, lifting her up bridal style as she was carried out of the water and placed gently onto the soft sand.

"Stay with me!" Cannon shouted, shaking her. Cannon looked her over, smoothing her wet hair away from her face. Cannon quickly started pushing on her chest, performing CPR never taking his eyes off her. "C'mon! Open your eyes!" Cannon grunted, before holding her nose and pressing his mouth to hers and  blowing air into her lungs.

"C'mon! Wake up! Wake up!" Cannon shouted at her, breathing air into her again. He quickly sat her up as she jerked, coughing up water.

"You're okay, that's it." Cannon shushed her, rubbing her back. He looked down at her, and froze when they locked eyes. Suddenly, everything faded away and all he can focus on was her face. Her beautiful face, as he felt his heart beat slow, matching hers.

Suddenly, nothing mattered besides this girl right here. He lived for her, she was gravity holding him down to earth. This girl who he didn't even know the name to, was his.

His life, his other half, his mate.

Comments most appreciated!