So..shes staying?

A/N: Thank you all so much for the comments, the fans, votes, and the reads! I never would have imagined that this story would become this popular and it's all because of you! Thank you(:

Jaylynn watched with a mixture of disgust and amazement as she watched the group shove food into their mouths like it was the first meal they’ve had in days. She couldn’t contain the grimace when she caught sight of Luben. He looked a little deranged with his cheeks puffed out and crumbs spilling from his lips. He caught her looking and smiled at her. .without swallowing his food first.

Jaylynn looked away, only for her gaze to be drawn to Leah. She didn’t like her that much Jaylynn could tell. Though she wasn’t exactly sure why she only just met her. But still, she saw the suspicion in her eyes whenever she looked at Jaylynn. She didn’t trust her.

“You need to eat.” Jaylynn was slightly startled from the soft murmur. She glanced sideways and up into Cannons eyes. He was frowning staring pointedly at her plate. Jaylynn glanced down as well. She really hasn’t had that much she realized.

She still had half of her BLT-with extra bacon- and potato salad that she had a total of four bites of. Jaylynn looked back up at Cannon, lifting one shoulder and pushing the plate away from her slightly. “I’m not hungry.” Cannon gave her a disapproving frown and grabbed the plate, pushing it back in front of her. “You need to eat babe. You look like you haven’t in a while.” Jaylynn flushed, hoping that the others didn’t hear.

The truth was, she didn’t know how long it was that she did have a proper meal.  She just never had time and the money. Constantly on the run hoping that he wouldn’t find her. Jaylynn shook herself out from her thoughts, now was not the time to think about that.

“I’m fine. Really.” She looked up at Cannon. “Will my clothes be ready soon? I should get going.” Cannon surged to his feet and the room suddenly got deathly quiet. 

She eyed Cannon a little nervously, startled by his reaction. She risked a glance at the rest of the table. They were all tense, and Luben’s expression darkened.  Vin coughed uncomfortably placing his fork down on the table. “I don’t think you should be going anywhere in this weather.” Vin said firmly. Luben nodded his head in agreement enthusiastically. If Jaylynn wasn’t so uncertain she would have smiled at the way the action made him look like a kid.

Jaylynn looked down at her hands and tried to control the shaking. Cannon knelt beside the chair and cupped her chin in his large hand nudging it upward until her eyes met his.

 “You don’t have to go anywhere, baby. You can stay right here. I’ll take care of you.” Though he voiced the offer in a gentle tone, she didn’t miss the command. He wanted her to stay.

Jaylynn was suddenly overcome with a feeling of want. She wanted to stay, almost like she needed too. She felt safe with Cannon and as she looked into his eyes all she saw was sincerity. 

“You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.” She whispered. Cannon leaned in more, their noses practically touching. “Yes” His eyes looked fierce and determined as he started into hers.  “I do.” He said firmly, without hesitation.

He didn’t break eye-contact and either did she. They were both trapped, staring into the window of each others’ soul.  Both searching for the answer, that was so obviously in front of them.  Slowly, she nodded. Cannon’s lips tilted giving her smirk that was both smug and triumphant before he swooped in and captured her lips with his. His kiss was demanding and overwhelmed her senses and made her feel powerless.