The Past Ancient One

OK guys i know it's been a long ass time but heres the next chapter...i hope  i still have some readers out there..

************************************************************************************************************************

*300 years ago *

*Shalen’s POV*

    My wings stretched wide in the sky dripping of blood at the sides, I let out a loud screech of anger. The Drudes were coming into the territory a lot faster then I thought would be possible. I looked behind me to see the rest of my clan flying behind lower than I, fighting off the Drudes. Looking down at my back Ashtin laid still covered in blood. The evil ones had stabbed him in the rib cage and if i didn’t hurry and find the healer he would die. I turned my wings and flew to the north side of the territory.

    I prayed the healer would still be in her den as i landed in the smog on a large mossy rock. i opened my jaws to snarl softly for her to come out but she walked up behind me, sliding her old rough hands on my feathery body. I purred at the soothing feeling as she came around the front of me.

    “Leader what is happening out there? There's so much of the earth covered in the blood of dragons and wolves.” She spoke as she stroked underneath my chin. I looked down sadly before turning around, gripping the scruff of Ashtin softly and placing in front of the healer. A gasp escaped her throat as she knelt down  next to him, tears were forming in her eyes as she pulled him onto her lap. Her hand slide across the wound across his rib cage which caused Ashtin to stir. he opened his eyes and looked up at the healer with his signature smirk.

       "Healer why are you crying? My life is not one to weep over I should have been able to protect those I love." He chuckled some but began to cough, blood sliding out of the corner of his muzzle. I shifted into my human form and began to weep. Ashtin's mate let out a howl in the far distance. I hung my head low knowing he would be heartbroken. I had failed the only job I had...to protect the ancient one.

        "Shalen stop weeping, you did your best as a protector. You became like a brother to me so cheer up."  Ashtin smiled weakly.I pulled him in my lap from and patted his head softly. He flashed one more smirk before he took in his last breath.

*present*

 I looked down at Lane who was staring at me with eyes full of fear. Frowning, I pulled one of my large wings closer so he was cuddled closer to my body. This time I know will be different, Ash is a lot stronger then he realizes and will be able to pull through it.

           "What will happen if Ash ends up dying?" Lane asked but his was barely above a whisper. I let out a snarl in frustration and stood up. Shifting back into my human form I looked down at Lane who went red in the face. I then realized why he was red and smirked.

           "Like what you see babe?" I teased but went back to his question. "Lane I will no fail at this task this go around. I am a lot stronger than i used to be, and will defeat the Drudes.” Lane stood up and crossed his arms over his chest letting a sigh slip from his lips. He walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, nuzzling into my chest. I smiled and kissed the top of his forehead while wrapping my arms around his neck.

    “Come on lets head back to my place and relax before everything gets out of hand.” i said, grabbing Lanes arm before pulling him out of the forest with me.

*Ash’s POV*

    I paced back and forth in my living room and growled in frustration, the scent coming off that guy was horrific yet very familiar. Stephan was sitting on the couch staring at me very intently with his head leaning in one of his hands. I just didn’t understand how he could be so calm with something so awful on his territory. I looked over at him and bared my fangs at him but he just gave a small smile.

    “So the myth of the long lost ancient and the dragon protector is real.” he said to himself but i heard him perfectly.

    “What are you talking about?” I snapped. I walked closer to him and jumped onto the couch next to him. He just shook his head and stood up, patting my head softly.

    “I better be getting home, it’s pretty late. My parents are probably worried sick, i'll see you tomorrow at school Ash.” Stephan gave me a smile before opening the front door and leaving, closing it behind him. I frowned and laid down on the couch in wonder. He was acting funny ever since the guy had said something about the Drudes. I sighed and closed my heavy eyelids into a dreamless sleep.

*****

I woke up and stretched out my sore body from sleeping on the couch. I looked down at my paws and groaned, i had forgotten to shift back into human form. I jumped off the couch and yawned before shifting back into my human form. I walked toward the stairs to go to my bedroom when i heard voice’s in the kitchen. I knitted my eyebrows and walked closer to the kitchen to listen to what they were saying.

It’s only a matter of time now.” One had said in a very hoarse voice.

“Yes it will only be a few days before stephan does his job well.” The other said. I cocked an eyebrow and took a step back right into my mother.

“Good heavens Ash why don’t you have any clothing on?” She said in a high pitched voice before rummaging through the clothes hamper. She tossed me a pair of boxers and skinny jeans before entering into the kitchen. I slipped into my clothes quickly before following after her. When we entered there was only one person sitting at the table…..Ronnie the packs Beta.