Explanation

*Stephen’s POV*

            I knitted my eyebrows in confusion as Shalen spoke of a war, which was caused by Ash. There was no way Ash could have started anything when he just turned into a full-blooded werewolf now. I set Ash down scenes he had calmed down some and looked from Shalen to Lane. It had to be a trick or something to fool our pack. I snorted at the thought and crossed my arms over my chest.

            “What war are you talking about and what do you mean it’s caused by Ash. He has barely just shifted into his wolf form a couple of days ago.” I growled softly making sure I didn’t draw much attention to us. Shalen pointed at the star patch on Ash’s eye and sneered.

            “That mark is the curse of the ancestors of the Drudes. It has awaken the power with in the Drude younglings and they are now coming for him.” Shalen hissed. I looked down at Ash whom whimpered at my side. I was not going to let anything to happen to my lover, not ever again.  I patted his head softly and looked back up at Shalen.

            “How close are these things to the town?”

            “They are about a few miles out of town but they are slowly building up their group so they will be moving in and at a fast rate.”

            I growled sharply making a few people look at me but quickly went about their own business. I clenched my hands tightly at my sides and looked toward Lane.

            “How long have you know about this half breed.”

            “Don’t you dare call my mate a half breed or you will regret it.” Shalen hissed at me, wrapping one of his arms around his waist. Ash growled softly and looked up at me. I shrugged my shoulders at him and sighed.

            “I haven’t know about this until Bruce said something about it the other day.” Lane snarled, moving away from Shalen’s arm.

            “Look I think it would be best if we talked about this somewhere more private. I don’t trust those who are walking slowly around us.” Shalen hissed at the people who were ease dropping on our conversation. I nodded and picked up Ash from the ground. I lead the way to my car and opened the driver’s door; I placed Ash in the passenger seat. I didn’t understand why he wouldn’t shift back yet but I guess ill have to ask him later. Lane and Shalen jumped into the back just as I turned on the ignition to the car. I pulled out of the school parking lot and headed to the pack house.

                                                   ********

*Ash’s POV*

            We all sat in the chairs of the living room quietly; no one was going to break the silence. I huffed and laid my head on Stephen’s lap, keeping a close eye on Shalen and lane. There was no way that Lane and him were mates. The odor coming off of Shalen was revolting and murderess. I couldn’t believe Stephen hadn’t smelt it yet but I guess he was more focused on this suppose war that was going to happen.

            “So when do you suppose this war will begin? How long do we have to start preparing for their attacks?” Stephen Asked, breaking the dead silence. Shalen looked up at him with a serious face.

            “I believe we might only have bout 2 weeks to 2 and a half but I cant be sure. The Drudes are unpredictable.”

            “Meaning we need to start now?”

            “The sooner the better, I will gather my heard to help prepare for this.” Shalen said getting up and walking over to me and Stephen. He patted my head and smiled sadly down at me.

            “I swear this time I will make sure you live.” Shalen looked up at Stephen and nodded his head to take his leave with Lane behind him…..