It begins

*Lane’s POV*

            I sat on Shalen’s couch in his apartment and sighed. Some how I let him talk me into going to his place instead of mine. At the moment he was in his kitchen making whatever he was making, leaving me to my lonesome self. I wiggled my phone out of my pocket and rolled my eyes as I realized all the messages Ash had left me. No way was I going to talk to him. He has his true mate now; I’m no longer needed.

            “Lane are you alright you seem kind of distracted?” Shalen’s rough voice brought me out of my thoughts as he sat down next to me. I snorted and scooted away from him but he only got closer to me. “You’re not getting away from me easily remember Lane?”

            “Shut up Shalen!” I hissed at him, venom dripping off every word. He looked taken back some but a smirk crawled onto his face. “What are you looking at jack ass?”

            “A very sexy pissed off mate who needs a lesson on who the dominant one is.” Shalen pulled me underneath him by my hips and trapped me between his legs. I looked up at him and bit my lower lip when I saw the hungry lust floating in his eyes.

            “I-I’m the dominant one.” I said but it barely came out above a whisper making him chuckle a deep hepatizing laugh. I could feel heat rising to my cheeks as his face got closer to mine but before he could land a kiss on me, a knock came from the door. Shalen growled and got off of me so he could walk to the door and answer it. A disappointing feeling came over me but I pushed it away and got up to follow him.

            In the door way was Nina’s mate Bruce who looked like he just came out of hell. His lip was busted and he had a black eye. I cocked my head to the side and got a whiff of an odd disgusting smell. It was earth like but had death all marked around it.

            “Hey Lane stop day dreaming.” Shalen scolded at me. I shook my head and glared at him.

            “I wasn’t day dreaming Bruce here just smells like the dead.” I hissed at him. Shalen raised an eyebrow but looked back at Bruce.

            “Why don’t you come in and tell me what happen.” Bruce nodded and followed after Shalen who walked into the living room, leaving me to close the door.

            “You’re so lucky I’m feeling okay to be up and walking around.” I whispered underneath my breath as I sat next to Shalen.

            “There were at least 10 of them who came after Nina and I, like the ones that followed us to Long beach last summer. But these Drude’s were faster and stronger some how.” Bruce started. Shalens eyes narrowed and his fangs grew in length. I had never seen a werewolf with so many fangs, unless he’s not a werewolf. My eyes widened as I realized I didn’t know what he was, but then Bruce stood up and paced back and forth.

            “They must be wanting something from this town that’s the only thing I can think of.” Bruce growled, his eyes deepening in color. Never had I though a laid back guy like him could look so pissed off. “I have to go Shalen and cheek on Nina but I’ll tell you the rest tomorrow.” Bruce started to walk to the door before looking back at me. “Do not say any of this you hear to absolutely anyone Lane.” And with that he was gone.

            I looked over at Shalen and glared. He was so telling me what was going on or I’m walking out the door. He looked up at me a shook his head, before standing.

            “I will tell you what’s going on in the morning but right now both of us need to get some rest because a big battle will be unraveling soon.” Shalen grabbed my hand and led me into his bedroom and pushed me softly on the bed before crawling in next to me. I yawned and grumbled as he wrapped his ams around my waist. I rolled my eyes at him before falling fast asleep with one thought on my mind, “What battle was he talking about?”

**********************************************************************

Well here you go guys the next chappy is out... i need atleast 20 comments and 40 votes for the next one or this story goes bye bye kay :D