17: Confidently Lost

"I need you to find me.."

Malea stood by my front door bloody, beaten and battered and tears stained her brown skin. I tried to speak, but no words would come out. Ramone just stood there at a loss for words just like I was. I didn't know if I felt sorry for her or if I wanted to let her back in my life again. Can I even trust her? She got knocked up by my abusive ex boyfriend and expected me to just be cool with it. How do I know that this isn't one of her tricks.

"Malea, what're you doing here?" I questioned, looking her up and down.

"I didn't know where else to go," she replied softly.

Her voice was hoarse and exhaustion was evident in her tone.

"What happened to you? Lemme guess Dominic isn't who you thought he is? You thought because you got pregnant by him that you we're set for life. Now here you are back again," I shook my head motioning for her to sit down.

As much I loathed her sometimes, I couldn't turn my back on her. Sometimes in my fucked up ass mind, I still had a soft spot.

"Ramone, can you go get the first aid kit from my bathroom medicine cabinet for me?"

He nodded and got up making his way down the hall to get the kit.

I sighed and took in Malea's appearance.

"So are you going to tell me what happened now?" I asked as I grabbed the kit from Ramone who sat back down on the couch.

He shot me a look and I shot him a look letting him know it was okay to leave.

"I'll let you two talk. I'm coming back later Mimi to check on you!" he said getting up and grabbing his phone.

"Ok Mone. See you later," I replied.

Once he left, Malea burst into tears and didn't stop sobbing for about two minutes.

I sighed heavily, "I can't help you if you won't tell me what's wrong," I spoke again and she finally stopped crying.

She wiped the last of her tears and shook her head.

"You we're right about Dominic, Mia," she sobbed softly now.

I rolled my eyes, "I know I was. I wasn't telling you that for my health," I remarked.

She wiped her tears and shook her head, "Everything was cool. It's like a flip switched in his brain or something. Last night, he picked me up and we went out to dinner and everything. As soon as I brought up the baby, his mood changed completely," she explained.

I find it ironic how my old friend who has snaked me out in the ultimate way is sitting here explaining to me how my ex nigga did her dirty. Then she got pregnant by his trifling ass and he has HIV so who knows what's going to happen with her now. It really isn't my problem, to be honest. I don't got the shit so I'm straight over here.

I sighed, "I mean I understand you're hurt and everything, but I honestly don't know why you came to me. I don't know why you thought I would be rubbing your back telling you everything is okay," I replied truthfully, "And with him having HIV? I really don't know. I suggest you go get tested because I did and I'm in the clear. Only thing I can tell you really is to stay away from her if you want to do what's best for you."

"But.. he's my child's father. I can't just cut him out of my life."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, "Then I don't know, Malea. Dominic is dangerous and possessive and I can almost guarantee that you or your baby won't be safe with him, but you're grown and I can't make decisions for you."