2: The Beginning

"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings."

Mia

The loud music that blasted out the club's speakers flooded my ears. I walked over to the bar to grab me a drink. Something to get a little buzz going.

"One shot of Patron please." I told the bartender.

He smiled, "No holding back tonight, huh?" he joked.

I giggled, "Nope. I'm going to have me some fun tonight!" I retorted.

He laughed as he gave the shot.

I stuck my tongue out as the liquor stung the back of my throat. "Lemme get two more shots, Lonnie!" I held up my fingers.

He put the two shot glasses in front of me, "On the house baby girl. You be careful and enjoy ya self tonight." he smiled.

"Thanks and I will." I say before downing the two shots. "Damn, that shit strong!"

I got up out my seat and made my way to the dance floor. I felt the music flowing through the veins as the alcohol made it's way through my bloodstream. I Luv This Shit Remix blasted through the club's speakers. Once I got to the middle of the dance floor, I flailed my arms around wildly and swayed my hips to the beat of the music. The alcohol was definitely beginning to take over my body. I felt great though. I haven't felt this good in awhile.

The stress of college can be overwhelming at times. I'm a business major. I plan to open up my dance studio after I graduate, but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

I felt a pair of strong hands grip my waist and pull me closer to him. I smirked as I continued dancing as I was before. I felt his erection poking at my backside and smirked to myself.

I turned around the find the finest guy I've ever seen in my life. He had a mocha skin complexion with wild curly hair scattered all over his head. He had on a white Polo t shirt with a pair of Robin jeans and a pair of black Timbs. He was definitely paid and you could tell from head to toe. I didn't even realize I was staring until I saw him snapping trying to get me out of trance. I quickly snapped out of it.

"They say it's not polite to stare, ma. What's your name?" he asked with a smile, exposing his shiny white teeth.

Embarrassed, I quickly snapped out of my trance. "Mia," I replied with a mumbled.

He chuckled, "You don't know who I am?" he questioned with a bit of shock in his tone.

I raised an eyebrow, "Should I?"

"I'm Dominic, the hottest music promoter and video producer you'll ever meet. You can call me Nic for short," he introduced himself.

I smiled shyly, "Nice to you meet you, Dominic," I replied.

For some reason, his presence made me jumpy. I felt like a schoolgirl with a crush or something. Whatever it is, I need to get it together.

"Now that we're acquainted. I think you're beautiful and you definitely got some talent. How would you like to be in your very first music video?"

My eyes widened, "Me? Music video?" I shook my head quickly.

He shrugged, "Why not? You'll be perfect for the role. You got a bangin' ass body and not to mention you're drop dead gorgeous!" he pleaded.

I sighed, "I'll have to think about it."

"Well here's my card. I need your decision in three days so just hit me up before then and lemme know something," he says while handing me his business card.

THREE DAYS. That wasn't nearly enough time to make a decision. I probably wouldn't do it anyway. I mean...me...in a video? I wouldn't even know what to do, but then again the pay is probably really good and I could use the money for school. One video shoot wouldn't hurt. Would it?

"I'll do it." I blurted out.

He smiled, "Great," he exclaimed looking up from his phone screen.

"Call the number on the card tomorrow and we'll discuss all the details. Until then come party with some real niggas and leave these lame ass broke boys alone!" he insisted before holding out his hand for to take.

I giggled before taking his hand and letting him lead me to our destination.

I walked away from the crowd with a huge smile on my face. I don't know what I just got myself into, but I hope it's worth it.

"Ugh, what the hell!" I shouted as I felt someone run directly into me.

"Oh my gosh, I'm such a clutz," the guy groaned in irritation.

"It's cool," I replied back with a slight attitude.

"I'm Ramone," he held out his hand.

"Mia," I replied blandly.

"You all alone?" he asked.

"Nah, I'm with him," I say pointing to Dominic.

"Aw shit. How you run into this nigga before me?" he teased.

"Shut yo' punk ass up, nigga," Dominic retorted as we sat down on the black leather couch. There were a few ladies that sat across from us with mugs formed on their face. Dominic and I sat back with and Nic's hand rested around my shoulder which made me slightly uncomfortable.

"Um, I don't think those girls like the fact that I'm sitting with you," I whispered making him laugh.

"Aye," he called out getting the girls attention, "Leave. Y'all making my girl, Mia, uncomfortable. Fix your fucking faces or get the fuck out!"

Immediately, they straightened up and continued sipping on their drinks. I frowned. I didn't want him to disrespect them. I just didn't want them to look at me like that especially if I didn't do anything to them. If I wasn't uncomfortable before, I definitely am now.

"You good now, ma?" he asked.

I nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks," I mumble while taking a sip of my drink.

I took out my phone and checked the time. I didn't plan on staying out too late. I just wanted to get out and have some fun. It was already midnight and definitely time for me to go home. I stood up out my seat, "Well I think I'm going to head home. It was nice meeting you all," I said while grabbing my clutch.

Ramone rushed over to me with his drink in his hand, "Before you go, let me get your number!" he says.

I hesitated but we eventually exchanged numbers. I noticed Dominic burning a hole in the side of my face with a smirk on his face. It was kind of awkward, but I just shook my head and started walking away. I felt someone grab my arm and it was Dominic.

"Let me take you out to lunch or something tomorrow," he suggested.

"Uh, I don't know."

He poked out his bottom lip, "Come on, ma. Ion' bite. Not if you don't want me to," he winked making me blush uncontrollably.

"Fine, I'll go to lunch with you," I replied with a shy smile.

He smiled, "That's wassup then, ma," he said before pulling me into a hug.

A long, sensual one. He snaked his arms around my waist and I hesitantly wrapped mine around his neck. He pulled away and stared into my eyes for a minute.

I cleared my throat, "So tomorrow?" I broke the silence between us.

"Yeah, tomorrow," he replied before walking off.

Just a little background on how Mia got into the business. Also the introduction of a new character, Dominic. You'll be seeing more of him soon.

Vote and Comment

'10+ comments & votes for the next update.