Chapter 18

Sorry this took so long....I am in the middle of writers block and also cursed with being busy with school and my new job! 

Please enjoy! We're coming closer and closer to the end! It's exciting! 

____________________________________________________

Abby

I was in absolute shock at Landon’s words. “Kenya? I’m about to use foul language, Landon. What the f-…”

“I know it’s sudden, but it’s the opportunity of a lifetime. I couldn’t turn something like that down.”

“You make all this crap about James and how you wanted her in your life and suddenly you just up and go? What if you knew she had chosen you already, would you still have accepted and just left her?” My brother was quiet. “I see. Well, now I’m so glad I told her that you wouldn’t break her heart and that you two were meant for each other. So glad I can depend on my brother. Were you at least going to tell her? Or were you going to wait until you landed in Africa?”

“Abby, this is bigger than a relationship that hasn’t even been going on that long.” Landon’s voice sounded strained.

“This is love. And you’re an idiot.”

“James and I aren’t even technically together anymore, Abs.”

“ James is a wonderful girl. You have an amazing job already where you still have room to grow and it’s not as if you’re not doing well. You’re running away, and I can’t believe what a coward my brother is.” I angrily hit the end button repeatedly, suddenly missing flip phones and satisfaction of slamming them shut.

I knew that was probably a bit harsh. It’s true that this was an amazing opportunity, but there was more to ponder in this situation. I knew he loved James, and I only hoped that if he had known before that she loved him too…maybe he would’ve made a different decision. I felt my phone vibrate again and saw it was Landon. I sighed and rejected the call. I couldn’t handle this right now. I had to go see James.

James

To say that my body hurt was an understatement. I felt as if I were run ragged. They offered me a wheelchair but I insisted I was fine to walk. When I made it out to the waiting room I was shocked to see an entire party sitting patiently for me. I was even more surprised to see Noah sitting with my siblings. His eyes met mine as he looked up and I felt to run into his arms. Without Noah, I wouldn’t want to even imagine what the situation could have evolved into.

I was beyond grateful for his help, but I was a little torn about his presence. After what we had spoken about earlier, I wasn’t sure how this would go between us. We had both agreed not to pursue each other any longer, and I had insisted I chose Landon. What did he want of me after that?

We stood at a distance from each other, staring and frozen. I shrieked as a body hit me from behind, pulling me against them. “Ack!” I screeched in shock before turning to see Abby’s worried expression.

“You had me so worried!” She held me against her tightly and I groaned.

“Abby…pain…” I managed and she let go quickly.

“Oh god! I’m sorry!” Her hands flew to her mouth.

“Abby, nice to finally meet you.” Wes said, coming up next to me and I saw the instant sparks fly between their met gaze. I fought the roll of my eyes as they introduced themselves to each other and I turned to Hollis and Noah. Hollis winked at me as she gestured to Wes and Abby.