Chapter 14

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry for TWO things. One, that it took so long and Two because it's really short. :/ 

This story has kind of taken the back burner to my other works though, because those are...well, more interesting for me to write, lol. This one has less plot and more just, realistic romance kind of situations. 

Feel free to read my other stuff while waiting for this one to update ^_~ If you like romance, Politically Incorrect and its sequel are good choices. Doors is fantasy romance, as is Magical/Mystical. 

On with the story! Please rate and comment :)

_________________________________________________________

James

Cici was very sweet, trying to get my mind away from the conversation I’d just had with Don. Though, I was still pretty angry. She noticed my forced smile and let out a sigh. “James, I’m very sorry about him. He’s always had a certain mindset, and things between him and Landon have always been difficult. I hope you don’t take what he said to heart.”

“I’ve never really had to deal with that before. I usually get praise for working so hard. To be looked down on just because I’m not from a high standing family, or have lots of money, I’ve never been in that situation before.”

“Well, I think you’re a very sweet girl and I love the fact that you want to be a teacher.” Cici said with a smile, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

“How did you and Don meet?” I asked her, as we walked along by the paintings.

“It was at a party of Don’s parents’. Our fathers were both business partners and introduced me to him at the party. We started dating and eventually got married.”

“Is that why he’s so keen on having Landon’s romantic life play out the same way?”

“I think so. Like I said, Don has a certain mindset. It was put there by his parents and it’s just the way he believes things should be. I’d like to think I raised Landon differently though. I think he really likes you, James.”

“I like him too.” Cici cleared her throat.

“Abby told me, by the way.”

“What?” I asked, shocked.

“It’s okay honey, I understand you’re young. Abby tells me this other guy is pretty hot.” I laughed with her and she shrugged. “I don’t think what you’re doing is a bad thing, James. I’m only concerned for my son. I don’t want him to get hurt.”

“I understand,” I started.

“No, you don’t.” Cici gave me a serious look. “James, I think you’re a nice girl and a hard worker. You didn’t deserve what my husband did to you. But,” She paused and I felt the need to take a step back. “My son does not deserve to be toyed around with. You are an adult. Either be with my son, or leave him alone.”

I was taken aback and didn’t know what to say. I felt my mouth open and close like a fish, but no sound came out. “James, are you all right?” I was relieved when Landon’s arm came around my shoulder. “I’m so sorry about my father.”

“It-it’s okay.” I said, glad to look away from Cici’s intense gaze.

“Are you okay? Let me take you home.” I nodded, welcoming the idea of getting away from here.

“It was nice to meet you, James.” Cici said. “Think about what I said.”

I nodded. “It was nice to meet you too.” I replied meekly. Landon didn’t ask me anything as we headed to the car. “I didn’t say bye to Abby!” I exclaimed.

“It’s okay, she’ll understand. I’m sure she’ll come bug you anyway.” Landon laughed, opening my door for me.

The drive was quiet at first, but finally Landon couldn’t take it anymore. “What is wrong?”

“What?” I asked quickly. I had been zoning out.

“Something’s wrong. What did my mother say?”

“Nothing,” I lied.

“James, tell me.” He said, sounding exhausted.

“She’s just not happy with the fact that I’ve also been seeing Noah. She told me make a decision or stay away from you.” I answered, slowly. I saw Landon’s knuckles whiten as he clenched the steering wheel.

“Don’t listen to them, James. My parents think that they are in control of my life. They’ve yet to understand that I make my own decisions.”

“Maybe she’s right, Landon.”

“What?”

“Well, you deserve better than to be strung along.”

“Is that what you’re doing? Stringing me along?”

“No, no, that’s not what I meant. I mean, you deserve better than this situation.”

Landon sighed. “What are you saying then? You want to end things?”

“I-…I don’t know. I don’t want to lose you, but…I’m just so confused.”

“Then maybe you should take time with that decision.” Landon said, his teeth clenched in anger.

“Landon,”

“No James. Obviously you don’t know if you really want to be with me. So until you figure that out, don’t.”

Landon stopped in front of my apartment building, not saying another word. I was speechless. “Lan-Landon…” I stammered.

“Goodnight, James.” He said tersely. I felt the tears sting my eyes and I hastily got out of the car, running up to my door. I heard the squeal of tires as Landon drove off. When I was safely in the privacy of my room, I let the tears flow and sat under the shower water for a while.

I hated how out of control this situation had gotten. The second I lost Landon, I knew I couldn’t let him go. I wanted him with me, more than anything.

More than Noah?

Those words floated in my head for a while, a real answer eluding me. When I was finally in my bed, I couldn’t sleep. I lay there, with thoughts of both of them in my head.

I obviously felt for Noah, otherwise I wouldn’t have put myself in such an awkward situation. And every time we were together, there was that spark that I couldn’t ignore. But I knew I had strong feelings for Landon, because the thought of not being with him hurt. It hurt so bad.

I needed to make a decision though. And I had to make it quickly.

___________________________________________________

What are u all thinking? Decision time? Or draw it out...lol. Rate and comment! <3  

FB fanpage in external link!