Chapter 13

Sorry this took so long everyone! Here it is, hope you like it! Please vote and comment! 

_________________________________________________________________________

“So, I saw Noah leaving on my way up here.” Wes said distastefully.

“Yup.” I answered. Wes gave me a glare and I cocked an eyebrow at him. “What?”

“Seriously James, I don’t understand what you’re seeing in that guy. What about Landon? I thought you said you liked him.”

“I do.” I let out a sigh. “I don’t know. The whole situation really has me pretty confused.”

“Want my advice? Drop Noah. He’s a waste of your time. You can’t be dating the both of them at the same time.”

“He obviously feels something for her though. She may be his true love and he’s only just realizing it.” Hollis’s voice came from the kitchen.

“Hollis, you’re a bad influence. Are you really going to take advice from her? Look at how her relationships are going!” Wes exclaimed and Hollis came out, slapping the back of his head.

“Shut up Wes. You haven’t exactly had the best of luck either.” She sat beside him and gave me a pointed look. “Listen James, Landon is nice, and Noah is too. I don’t care who you choose, but I do agree with Wes on one thing. You’re going to have to choose soon.”

I let my head fall into my hands. I had been dead set on leaving Noah to be honest, but something had made me change my mind out of nowhere. My mind went back to when he had come to surprise me last night.

After a very heated kiss at the door, we naturally arrived in my room on my bed. We kissed, touched, sighed until Noah stopped and moved a stray hair from my eyes. I was caught off guard by the suddenly sweet moment.

“James, there’s just…something about you. Or maybe it’s everything about you. You make me wonder if this whole thing is the right decision, and maybe I should just realize that what I want, what I need, is right in front of me.”

“What are you saying?” I asked, feeling elated. My heart was pounding in my chest and he smiled.

“I don’t know James, I just feel that I may be falling for you and it could be the best thing that’s ever happened to me.” I was silent for a moment, mostly in shock.

“Noah…I don’t know what to say. I thought I was just something on the side for you to be honest.”

“No James, you stopped being that a long time ago. I don’t even remember the last time I spoke to Mae. I doubt she even cares. I just feel so drawn to you and you’re all I can think about.”

My heart was pounding just remembering those sweet words he whispered to me in the dark. I wasn’t sure if he was being sincere or not, but I really wanted to believe he was.

Before I knew it, it was time for the fundraiser and I felt crazed as I tried to finish getting ready. “You look hot, honey. Stop freaking out.” Hollis told me, fixing my hair. I didn’t answer her and she fixed my hair on my shoulders. “When’s he coming to pick you up?”

“Any minute now.” I said, letting out a breath.

“You look gorgeous, sister darling.” She drawled dramatically and I laughed. There was a buzz and I felt my heart flutter again. I gave her a deer-in-headlights look and she shook her head with a smile. “Hello?”

“Hey, it’s Landon. Is this the beautiful Hollis?”

“Flattery will get you nowhere Landon…with anyone else. With me it works every time.” I heard a chuckle on the other end and it made me smile. Landon’s laugh calmed me.