Round 3.1 ~ Theme Horror (Picture Round)

Welcome to the first round of MotherHorror Smackdown 3.0.

As always, the first round I’m going to keep it simple. I’ve post 12 pictures which you must use five within your story. These pictures must be a significant part of your story, not just a casual mention. I’m giving you two weeks to write a 2,000 to 6,000 word story and it must be turned in no later than 4pm PST on Sunday, September 29th.

Your theme for this round is simply horror. So you must try with all your skill to run chills down the judge’s spines.

Every story will be scored on:

1. Overall horror theme 2. The integration of all 5 pictures within you story 3. Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation 4. Overall enjoyment of the story.

Each category is worth 5 points, with a total of 20 points. Each story will be ranked 1-20, and the lowest 5 stories will be eliminated.

Also keep in mind that points can be taken off for not following these simple smackdown guidelines.

1. Keep your story within the word count. (1 point for every 1-25 words over or under. Example, over by 100 words, -4 points). 2. Make sure you dedicate your story/first chapter to MotherHorror (-2 points). Also it is a nice gesture to dedicate chapters to the judges, if you write your story in parts. 3. At the beginning of your story, you must notate which 5 pictures you used within you story along with a brief description of each picture. (You can also make a slide show if you so wish). You'll need to note your word count here as well. (-2 points). 4. Every day your story is late; I’ll eliminate 1 point per day until day three. After the third day you will be disqualified.

When you have finished your story, please post the link on this thread and tag both @MotherHorror and @Shattered_Violet.

I will also be posting your story links and titles in the MotherHorror Presents book as they are turned in to me. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Good luck and happy writing. ~MotherHorror.