Recruitment Interview with @PhonerionBallznevsky

1. What prompted you to enter the MotherHorror Smackdown?

I felt the calling of the story. You know that feeling? For me it feels like I'm two inches from a panic attack, and all I can do to quell the beast is to write those words.

2. Have you participated in any of the other Wattpad's Smackdown competitions? If yes, which ones and how many rounds did make it through?

I'm a newbie to these playgrounds. This MotherHorror Smackdown, along with the upcoming Fantasy Smackdown, will be my first 'rodeos'-- as we like to say up in Weird Place.

3. What do you think makes a good smackdown competition?

Writers doing what they do best-- writing. It would give me great pleasure to see everyone mainly trying to top themselves, and not necessarily just each other. Feel the story. Oh, and I'm not fond of trash talk-- so when I'm around, keep that shit in the bedroom.

4. What would you like to see in the upcoming rounds?

Subtle pictures with numerous meanings. A round that forces the writers into various sub-genres of horror. A round that forces the writers to blend horror with another completely different genre.

5. What were your first thoughts when you saw the recruitment picture and the word count ?

1. 'Let's hope they don't disqualify me for going over the word count.'

2. 'Hopefully my story doesn't make someone call a nearby mental institution and ask them to come pick me up.'