Recruitment Interview with @Sarbearxsaysxhi

1. What prompted you to enter the MotherHorror Smackdown?

I was going through the Horror forum, and the Smackdown thread just happened to be the top thread at that time. I started reading through it and at first I wasn’t going to enter. You know, all the reasons: I wouldn’t have time, I wouldn’t do well, all of that. But my love for horror writing won out (along with my competitive nature) and here I am!

2. Have you participated in any of the other Wattpad’s Smackdown competitions? If yes, which ones and how many rounds did you make it through?

This is my first ever Smackdown, and I’m ridiculously excited.

3. What do you think makes a good smackdown competition?

When everybody has a very different take on the prompt or whatever the basis is for the challenge. Seeing everyone’s viewpoints and then seeing which ones win out is really interesting.

4. What would you like to see in the up coming rounds?

I’d love to see a “what should’ve happened” round. I think taking a classic horror story and changing an iconic scene or writing about what I believe happened after the ending would be a great challenge. Or even taking a story that isn’t supposed to be scary at all, and making it terrifying.

5. What were your first thoughts when you saw the recruitment picture and the word count?

I have to admit, the word count scared me a bit. Although I believe I actually ended up below the minimum, which is interesting. Then I saw the picture and started humming “Ring Around the Rosie,” and immediately starting figuring out how to write the rhyme into my entry.