Part 17 : No Strings Attached

He was absolutely stone cold drunk.

His friends had left the club about two hours ago, begging for him to call it a night, but it had been far too long since he'd last been in a club, and its pull was far too enticing to leave in a hurry.

Plus, there was the fact women were clinging to him like he was the last source of water in a dry desert. It was more than appealing.

He'd forgotten this dance, the slide of bodies, the slickness of sweat, the warm feel of a stranger's touch. It was intoxicating, addictive, and he certainly wasn't complaining. 

Easily the best looking male in the club, he seemed to stand above the rest of them, head and shoulders. It wasn't too hard to see why all the girls were practically falling over themselves to jump into his bed.

Everything about him exuded wealth, and power. And his raw sex appeal was evident, even amid the dim lights of the club.

Drinking too much would probably have regrets in the morning, but as he stumbled to the bar, vision blurring, downing a few more tequila shots created a welcome buzz which seeped slow into his veins.

He felt as if he should be remembering something, something...something important. But then, a pleasant tingling sensation spread through him, putting everything else on the back burner.

It was a girl. A girl in a pretty dress, her outline becoming fuzzy in his vision as she moved to the music standing by the bar.

Tall, wearing a silver skimpy number that left very little to the imagination, her soft blonde hair wound all the way down her back.

Yes...he remembered...men had been all over her tonight, but she wouldn’t pay them any kind of attention.

Even though her face wasn't clear in his vision, he could tell she was stunning.

He pulled away from the crowd of girls and made his way through the dim club. He could barely see his hand in front of his face. This was the norm for clubs, however he wasn't very aware, slightly past his prime, his clubbing days long over.

He had been persuaded by his friends to come to this club, apparently it was the best in New York. After a long night of drinking and strip clubs, they were all drunk out of their minds, and settled on the club as it was nearby. They hadn't even given a second thought as to how they would all get home. However, it seemed as if they had all found a way.

All except him.

“Scotch on the rocks.” he said, leaning against the bar stool closest to her.

Suddenly, she was there, right in front of him, close enough for him to grip, and he did when she stumbled on her heels, putting her hands out in front of her to brace her fall.

"Whoa," she giggled, "Head rush!"

"Watch your step, beautiful." He responded, putting her back on her feet again, but not letting go, his fingertips skating over the exposed skin on her back.

"So, handsome, are you going to buy a girl a drink?"

"Depends which girl." He smirked, pleased with his joke.

"I'll have whatever you're having." she grinned, stepping back on wobbly legs, "What do you think?" she signalled to her dress, "I bought it yesterday."

He groaned, "Sexy as sin."

"Sexy, hm?" she smiled, pulling his collar, "I think I might show you exactly how sexy I can be, Mr Handsome Stranger."

As she leant in, his fuzzy brain needed no further persuasion.

Their lips clashed together as they kissed passionately, their tongues in each others mouths, their hands in each others hair. Finally drawing away from each other, they laughed like the drunks they were.