Part 12 : No Strings Attached

******************************************************************************
"Kimberley...beautiful girl...sweetheart. It's time to wake up..."

Kimberley moaned, scrunching her eyes up tight and then opening them to the stream of light flooding through the space between the curtains.

Beside her, Riccardo Alonso, God's gift to women, was gloriously naked, every muscle and sinew on his body glistening, and making her mouth water as she remembered yesterday.

He, Riccardo Alonso, had been all over me!

Riccardo pulled her close to him, their flesh rubbing past each other as she sunk into his arms.

She struggled with words to articulate how she felt, "Last night.... last night...."

He smiled indulgently, his voice low and sinful, "Shhh... sweetheart. I know. I know...."

"What's the time?"

He kissed a spot behind her ear, "It doesn't matter, we've got the day off."

She frowned, as realisation hit her like a freight train, "Rick. How are we to tie in our professional and personal relationships?"

He shook his head, looking equally perplexed, "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it baby..."

"But Rick, we're at it now." She protested, "Is this going to work out for us?"

He kissed her passionately, his hands running through her hair, then to her shoulders, shaping her curvaceous body.

"Rick" she groaned, pushing her head into his chest.

He pulled away from her, pushing her chin up with his thumb and looking into her big, expressive eyes.

"You look so sexy in the morning..." He kissed the top of her forehead

Kimberley laughed, rolling her eyes, "You're funny."

Rick pursed his lips, clearly unimpressed, "I wonder about you sometimes Kimberley Scott."

She rolled over and out of bed, "I need to get some clothes on. Right now."

Rick chuckled, "You're joking right?"

Kimberley folded her arms across her bare chest, "Why would you think I'm joking?"

"I know you now Kimberley." he smiled, putting his arms behind his head and surveying her like his next meal.

His gaze was so intimidating she attempted to brush it off with a smile, tugging on his discarded shirt, "Hm, and I bet you thought about it before as well, didn't you - womaniser."

Rick grinned sheepishly, placing a pillow over his face.

"That's right," she laughed, "I thought so. I'm going to get a shower."

He removed the pillow from his head and smirked, "I'll come with you."

Kimberley picked up a sofa cushion and threw it at Rick, "No you will not!"

"This is my apartment Miss Scott. I shall do as I very well please."

"Or what?"

"Or you'll just have to leave right now, without your clothes of course.. Those are mine and I'd throw them out of the window before you got the chance to leave."

Kimberley sighed walking into the shower room, "If you must."

Riccardo grinned smugly, walking into the shower room with Kimberley. After five minutes of showering and... other things, underneath the warm water together, Kimberley wrapped a towel around her bust and walked out drying her hair with another towel.

"I'm going to call Linda," Kimberley shouted from the bedroom, "I'll tell her that you're off sick but I'll be in."

Riccardo ran out of the shower room, a towel wrapped around his waist, "YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING!"

Kimberley's eyes widened as she did a double-take, "I'm calling her Riccardo, whether you like it or not. If this is going to be serious, then you have to take me as an equal partner in this relationship. You know full well what I can be like when I'm angry. So I'm calling Linda, or you don't get what you want."

She made a point of running her fingers over the edge of the towel where it met her chest, still slick with water.

"You wouldn't dare..."

"Oh Riccardo," Kimberley laughed, "Just you watch me."

Riccardo sighed, kissing her shoulder, "Fine, my gorgeous, stunning and beautiful girlfriend. Call Linda. If you must."

"Since when was I your girlfriend?" She rallied back.

Riccardo frowned, "Since last night, when I ran to JFK just to find you."

Kimberley leant over kissing Riccardo, "Darling Rick. I was joking. I love you, as you know by now, but I have to work, I'll get bored."

Riccardo smiled, "We could play a game..."

Kimberley laughed, "No thanks, Twister's not my thing." She said sarcastically.

Riccardo got up out of bed, wrapping his arms around Kimberley's waist, "I didn't mean that..."

"I know what you meant Rick, but I have to go to work..."

Riccardo pouted, turning on the charm, "Are you sure you can't stay and play, baby?"

Summoning her strength to resist his charms, Kimberley sighed, extracting herself from his arms, and escaped into the bathroom.

*************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you for reading this chapter!

Love,

B. Xxx