Chapter 4

The next day was Liam’s first wrestling match of the season. Wrestling was a big deal at University of Manchester so most of the student body was going to be there. Liam invited Learie to go last night at the party, so he was hoping that she would be in the audience cheering him on. After Liam was finished warming up on the sideline to face his first opponent, he scanned the bleachers for Learie, and finally made eye contact with her in the middle section of the bleachers closest to him. He gave her a small smile and wave and walked out to the mats in the middle of the gym to start the first round. 

As Liam and his opponent shooks hands, Niall walked through the door, staring at his phone. He was obviously texting Roxanne, the third brunnette from the group of girls, who he took an interest in at the party the night before. He knew she was going to attend the wrestling meet because he was sat bored in his dorm room this morning unsure of what to do, leading him to use his power to see the different things he could choose from to do today. He chose to go to the wrestling meet because he was really interested in Roxanne and he knew if he played his cards right he can shag her.

"Hey! I am at the top of the second set of bleachers, under the UM sign. :)* read the text from Roxanne.

*Right. Headed there now.* Niall replied, slipping his phone back into his front pocket and looking up at the bleachers for the blue-eyed girl. He was eager to get to her, because he knew that if he asked her out for dinner tomorrow night, she’d say yes. His gift really did come in handy more often than not.

Niall joined Roxanne, greeting her with a hug. They sat, quite close to one another, and watched Liam take on a guy slightly bigger than him.

“I didn’t think you were coming,” Roxanne said to Niall after getting comfortable.

“Oh of course, Roxi. It is okay if I call you that, by the way?” he asked giving her a charming smile to win her over. He’s really bad with names and shortening it would help him remember her name better. Not that he needed to remember her name, he is just trying to sleep with her.

Roxanne, giddy from Niall’s smile, blushes a bit. “Yeah. It’s what I usually go by anyway.”

“Cool, Roxi it is then.” Niall clears his throat. “So, Roxi, I have a question,” he asks, emphasizing her name and raising his eyebrows. “Would you like to go out for dinner Friday night? Don’t say maybe,” he says with a smirk, knowing she’s going to say yes.

Taken aback, Roxi is hesitant to agree to go out with Niall but she is kind of attracted to his confidence, so she finally agrees to go out with him. With a slight nod and seductive half smile, not wanting to make small talk anymore, Niall turns away from Roxi and starts paying attention to his new friend Liam’s match. But not before placing his hand on her inner thigh, knowing that it will only help in his efforts to get with her.

Liam was doing great so far, infact, he was doing too great. He was barely breaking a sweat. He picked up the guy effortlessly, with no apparent strain or struggle. Watching Liam lift his opponent high up in the air, well above his head, Niall was questioning how it was even possible for someone half the guy’s size to do so. Niall  was caught off guard by the sudden flash of a scenario in his head. He wasn’t trying to look into the future, but he was seeing it still. He wasn’t sure how it was happening, but he watched anyway.

He was in the gym where he is at now, but he was close to the bathrooms, back in the hall a ways. He was talking to Liam, in whispers. “What the hell was that man? Like you are half that guy’s size, and you were picking him up like it was fucking nothing!”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Liam said, nervousness starting to take over.

“Don’t play stupid with me, mate. You know exactly what I am talking about,” Niall’s voice held power behind it.