Chapter 12

Zarielle knocks twice on the door. The girls hear rustling inside and then the door creaks open. Behind the door is a tall thin man that goes by the name Professor Thredman. He was quite sophisticated looking, wearing glasses with lenses that were only half covered by black rims. His hair was combed to one side, and he wore a plain white shirt with a solid black tie. When he spoke, the girls were thrown off by his soft voice.

"Ahh, girls, welcome. Come in, we have a lot to discuss this evening." The girls all follow him inside and sit down in what used to be the lounge. "First things first, let's discuss The Hybrids."

"They're hot." Learie says, with a sarcastic smirk on her face.

Professor Thredman clears his throat and adjusts his tie. "Yes, fine, but that's not exactly what I had in mind," he states, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose.

"Then what is it exactly you had in mind, Professor?" Learie adds.

"Learie!" Zarielle snaps, throwing a glare telling her to stop.

"I'm going to need you to try to get as close as possible to these hybrids," he practically spits. "It's the only way I -- I mean you will get your hands on the Electromagnetic Radiator."

"Wait, so we're going to be the ones retrieving the ER? Us ourselves?" Leigh questions.

"Well, not exactly. But you know what I mean," he counters.

"No sorry. We don't, actually," Learie sneers, earning another glare from Zarielle.

"Well you see, us here at Pap Corp have created our own genetic mutation. Essentially the counterpart to The Hybrids. They're called Razzis. Originally they were created solely to capture the ER once we lost it. However, as soon as we heard word of The Hybrids being created to complete the same goal, we found it prudent to alter the mission of the Razzis a slight bit. Their first priority above anything else is to capture The Hybrids and bring them straight to us--"

Zarielle raises her to cut off the Professor. "Sorry to interrupt. But, is it safe, you telling us all of this information. Harry, the tall one," her expression goes soft at the mention of his name, "he's got the ability to read minds. Is it not going to be a risk that at any minute he could know our true intentions?"

"Well my dear, you see when you first came here, and we conducted the enhancement process, not only did we make you irresistible to The Hybrids specifically, but we also placed upon you what is called a cerebral cortex shield. Essentially, the boys powers are useless against you all."

"So like a mind block," Leigh states.

"Yes, precisely."

"Sick," the girls say in unison.

The rest of the meeting is filled with information on the boys and specific instructions on what information to collect and report to the Razzis, including everything from daily plans to exact locations. Once the meeting finally concludes, it's close to midnight.

"Right then, you're duties start tomorrow. And we will have two meetings a month, to which you should NEVER be late." After earning a nod from all three girls, he continues, "On that note, goodbye."

--------

The next day at 3pm is Louis' first home game of the season. Naturally his best mates showed up. The group of boys were one of the first to get there, snagging seats at the bottom of the home-side bleachers, as close to the pitch as they could possibly get.

Sat there waiting for the game to begin, Liam decided to strike conversation with Niall about his date. "So Niall, how'd your date with Roxi go?"

"Went just fine, mate. And it wasn't a date, not really," Niall answered.