Chapter 11

The rest of the week flew by for the boys, as it was filled with the typical routines. They found themselves hanging out with one another a few times, and even enjoyed another party at the frat house. The party was just as big and crazy as they usually were (minus Liam body slamming someone), and the boys were introduced to a few new people.

One of the new people they met was Luke’s new found love interest. This was Liam’s favorite person that he met, because he knew that he would not have to worry about Learie having someone besides him chasing after her. Henley was the name of the girl. The boys all took to her quite well, which Luke was indeed pleased with. She was strikingly pretty, much like most of the girls that showed up to the frat parties as of late. She was fairly tanned skin, with long beautiful brown hair. Everyone, especially Luke, was fond of her. She also seemed to already know the three girls that the boys have been seeing. However, none of the boys really found this suspicious at all.

It was finally the weekend and the boys were anticipating hearing from The S sometime very soon to make their first attempts to retrieve the ER and finally save the world. Well, all of the boys except Niall. Today, his main focus was going out to dinner with Roxi and taking her home. Harry was with Niall for most of the afternoon talking with Niall about his being shot down by Zarielle and helping encourage him for his date tonight.

“Wait, so she was just like ‘sorry maybe next time’?” Niall asks, looking into the mirror and running some blue gel through his quiff.

“Yeah, mate. Like, she got off the phone with someone and then came over to me, and her whole mood had changed,” Harry explained, throwing himself down onto Niall’s bed, hands behind his head.

“That’s so weird.”

“You know what’s even weirder?” Harry sits up taking the pillow in his hand and continuously fluffing it.

“You’re fascination with my pillow?” Niall remarks, earning a pillow to the face from Harry.

Laughing at Niall’s expense, Harry says, “No. The fact that I couldn’t read her thoughts while she was on the phone.”

Niall freezes, his hands in his hair, and turns to face Harry who is now laying backwards on the bed. “What?” he simply asks.

“Yeah, like I don’t know, maybe there are limits to my powers I don’t know about. But I couldn’t hear her thoughts at all.”

“That’s what I thought you said.”

Harry finally sits up to look at Niall. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Because,” Niall thinks back to his very similar experience with Leigh-Laurie, “the same kind of thing happened with my powers. You know how I can see the future exactly how it is going to be?”

“Yeah,” Harry says effortlessly. He’s now standing up and kicking Niall’s football around the small area between Niall’s bed and his roommate’s.

“You really can’t sit still, can yah?” Niall asks, chuckling a bit at Harry’s poor form.

“Huh?” Harry snaps his head up, “oh sorry. I’m listening,” he responds, after picking up the football and setting in the chair next to him, giving Niall all his attention.

“Well, I was at Kaptopis the other day, and I saw Louis coming to join me by himself. But when he got there, Leigh was with him. Strange, right?”

“Oh yeah. Maybe we should talk to The S and see if they know why are powers are starting to crap out. It might be something bad that has to do with the ER.”

“I agree. We should let the other boys know too. But not tonight, obviously,” Niall says regarding his date with Roxi.

“Right, because you’ve got a hot date,” Harry says, mocking Niall with wiggly eyebrows.