Chapter 5

Louis’ “Politics in America” class had just let out, and he has only 20 minutes between now and his next class to get lunch. As he is walking around the back of the building, a short cut to his class he discovered not long ago, his stomach rumbles and he realizes just how hungry he is. Wanting to get the most time to sit down and eat lunch that he can, he glances around to see if anyone is watching. He’s planning on using his gift to get to Kaptopis as fast as he can, leaving him with almost a full 20 minutes for lunch.

With that he takes off like a bat out of hell, running at the fastest speed he can. Louis doesn’t waste time when it comes to food. Meanwhile, Zayn is still perched outside of the cafe, leaned up against a wall, puffing on a cigarette. He hears footsteps coming, and knowing he’s not allowed to be smoking within 30 feet of the cafe gets scared of getting caught, thus using his power of invisibility. He stays completely still, blending in with the brick wall behind him.

A streak of what seems to be a person flies around the corner. Zayn can’t believe his eyes, as the blur of light stops just shy of the outside seating to Kaptopsis, and reveals itself to be a windblown Louis. Zayn wants to say something, but he’s invisible now, and if he approaches Louis, his cover will be blown. Too late. In walking towards the door Louis sees the floating cigarette, that Zayn forgot to drop in his state of fear, through the reflection in the window.

“What the hell?” Louis questions, turning on his heels to face the invisible Zayn. He walks over to investigate the floating cigarette, that he thought may have been caught in a spider’s web or something. No other explanation would make sense. But in grabbing for it, he touches Zayn’s hand that he can’t see. “Holy fuck!” Louis shouts, as Zayn appears from out of nowhere right in front of his eyes.

“Listen, man, I can explain. But first I would like you to tell me how to actual hell you were running that fast.”

Shit, Louis thought, I didn’t think anyone saw me. “What do you mean? I was just running.”

“Don’t try to pull that. I saw you, kind of. I saw this big blur and then you were just there. What is that shit, mate?” Zayn looks intently at Louis, his features cold.

“You tell me about that Harry Potter wizard stunt you just pulled, and I will tell you about what you saw.” Louis bargains.

“Fine, cool,” Zayn shrugs.

“But can we get something to eat first, I am literally starving,” Louis pleads. Zayn nods in agreement and they both enter the cafe together.

Inside, Liam is still trying to get information out of Niall. “Niall. What did you see?” he asks for the third time.

Niall still sits with his head down, shaking it. “Wait for it,” he holds a finger up to Liam, who raises his eyebrows at Niall. Niall then moves his finger to point to the door just as Zayn and Louis walk in. “That.”

Just as he saw it happen, he shoots out of the booth, shouting, “No fucking way!” Liam is startled and watches as Niall rushes to the two boys who’ve just entered the cafe. He’s dragging them back to the booth, and Liam slides over, leaving room for them to sit.

“Sit down, both of ya’.” Niall says, shoving Zayn and Louis towards Liam’s side of the booth.

“What the hell mate!” Louis shouts at Niall, “what is your problem?”

“What Agency?” is all Niall responds with.

Zayn and Louis look at each other, silently asking one another how to get out of this mess. “I’ve no idea what you’re talking about,” Louis answers.