Chapter 6

“What?” they question in unison.

“What the hell is this supposed to mean?” Niall says, looking for an answer from the boys.

“I think it means we get costumes next,” Louis answers, being a complete smart ass.

“No shit Sherlock, I know how to read. I meant, why do we need costumes? And who are ‘The S,’ and how did they get our numbers?” he replied, using air quotes with his phone in one hand.

“I don’t know, you’re the one who can see the future Neil,” says Louis, not letting up on the banter.

“It’s Niall you Flash wannabe.” Niall retorts, slapping the punk in the head.

“Whoa, guys chill. Let’s just figure this out real quick,” Liam chimes in.

They’re phones simultaneously go off a second time.

*Show up at Albert Square tomorrow at 5pm. There will be a vehicle waiting for you. The rest of the instructions will be given to you once you arrive.*

“I don’t trust this . . . “ Harry admits, seemingly not the only who doesn’t trust these texts.

“Well I guess we have to show up tomorrow to find out what’s going on.” Zayn follows, with a bit of unease apparent in his voice.

“But you’ve gotta admit, it seems a bit dodgey,” Louis agrees with Harry.

“Let’s be reasonable though. They texted all of us, at the same time, while we were all showing off our powers. My guess is ‘The S’ have something to do with The Agency we were adopted from, or something.” Liam tells the boys, being the only one to think logically.

"That makes sense.” Niall agrees with Liam.

“So I guess that’s it for the night then, eh boys?” Zayn says, ready to get home and crash.

“Yeah see you all tomorrow at the Square.” Harry states, still skeptical.

After saying their goodbyes to Harry, the boys all leave the park. Louis, Niall, Liam and Zayn all go to Louis’ car. Harry goes the opposite way back to his bike, and leaves for the Frat House.

Morning comes, and the boys are filled with excitement and nervousness. They are all curious as to what the meeting at Albert Square will bring, and that gets them through their long and boring day of classes.

The boys are all done with class by 4pm which gives them an hour to prepare for their arrival at the square. Louis decides to gather the three boys who live in Andrew’s Hall since he’s usually their transportation anyway. They all meet at his car that is parked in the same spot every day, and swing by the Frat House to pick up Harry so he doesn’t have to ride his bike all the way to Albert Square. Louis shoots him a text to let him know they are on the way.

The drive to Albert Square is less than ten minutes from campus, and Louis parks his car in a nearby lot. The five super-heroes-to-be walk towards the fountain in the center of the square. They weren’t given specifics of where to meet, but it was Liam’s idea to go to the middle of the square and hope for the best.

Before long, a large black Suburban with windows tinted almost as dark as the paint pulls up across the street.

I wonder if that’s them, Harry thinks to the boys, and they all look at him, still a bit taken by surprise at hearing his voice in their heads.

Should we go check? Louis silently asks Harry.

I don’t want it to not be them, because that’s just awkward, Harry returns.