Chapter 9

The incident at the party seemed to make the boys sober up enough to get into Louis’ car and drive to the park. The drive there was quiet and lasted less than ten minutes. As soon as Louis parked into the empty parking lot and killed the ignition, they all stumbled out of the car and made their way to the field where they were just two days ago.

Breaking the awkward silence, Liam started to apologize for making the huge scene at the party. Drinking caused him to be out of his element thus making him lose his temper and almost expose his powers.

“You are lucky the guys who DID noticed the fight were too scared to confront your strength.” Harry raised his voice, suddenly becoming the responsible one.

“I’m sorry mates, I was drunk. I couldn’t control myself.” Liam apologized again making eye contact with the four boys who stood around him so they knew he was sincere.

“I’m just glad it didn’t get too bad. If anybody joined in I was going have to teleport out of there.” Zayn chuckled mischievously.

“Teleport? What do you mean teleport out of there?” Louis asked Zayn, raising his eyebrow in curiosity.

“Exactly what I said mate, I can teleport. I was in my room one night just thinking about our powers, and how some of us can do extra things. I was trying new things with my powers and when I thought about it hard enough, I teleported to the other side of my room.” He was also doing it at the party here and there when no one was paying attention but he didn’t want to share that part with the boys since they were already mad at Liam. “I’m going to have to go to the library tomorrow and read more about it, but I think it’s because we are all together. I think it makes our powers stronger. That’s my guess anyway.” He grinned proudly, looking at the boys’ expressions changing on their faces.

As soon as Harry heard Zayn say that he thinks their powers get stronger when they are together, his eyes widen. He heard The S thinking that when they were at the meeting earlier. He wasn’t sure if they were supposed to share it with him, so he kept it to himself and didn’t tell the boys.

“That’s so sick Zayn, can you show us?” Niall chimed in, excitement on his face.

“It was really hard to do when I was in my room, but since we are all together, I wonder if it will be easier.” He replied, focusing really hard.

Liam, Niall, Louis and Harry were still so shocked to see Zayn disappear since he didn’t do it around them much, but not as shocked as they were when they saw him reappear and walk out from behind the tree twenty feet away from them.

“So they were right.” Harry spoke out loud.

“Who?” Liam asked, puzzled.

“The S. I heard them say something about our powers getting stronger.”

“What the hell Harry, why didn’t you tell us?” Liam scolded, it was his turn to raise his voice.

“I didn’t know if I was supposed to hear it or not, I was scared to share it. Sorry guys.” He apologized.

“Whatever, it’s cool. Just don’t keep anything from us anymore, we are all in this together now.” Liam explained.

Harry agreed with a nod of his head then looked down to kick at the dirt underneath his feet.

“Me and young Neil here are the only ones to not have ‘seconds powers’ aren’t we?” Louis’ says next using air quotations then grabbing Niall in a side hug and shaking him slightly.

“Yeah what the hell is up with that shit?” Niall half laughs, kind of bummed about it.

“I don’t know, have you guys been trying to see what else you could do?” Zayn asks, a little sarcastic.