Chapter 23

I'm afraid because I know I can't fight forever

Hayley's POV

After Klaus came home alone that day, I know that they didn't succeed on what they came for and now we lost Elijah as well. Days passed and still no news or any trace where Elijah could be. We tried everything we can to find him. Klaus went back to the house he last saw his sister but it was already empty. Lucien is slowly taking everyone we love and care about in our lives. I know that Freya love him but in the end he needs to die for all of this to end. How I wish Freya would understand that. 

Lucien's POV

Everything is working according to my plans except one. After the incident, Freya still rejects me. She doesn't talk  not even glance at me when we are in a same room. Her arm is already healed but the wound I created from within is still there. She hates me much more knowing that I have Elijah captured. It kills me everyday to see her but unable to reach her like I used to. Loving Freya was never in my plan but I guess you can't plan everything.

Freya's POV

New house. Old plan. We moved again in a new place much bigger than the other two houses. Right now, the only hope I have is gone. Everything is falling apart right before my eyes. My friends, my family and my love for Lucien. I never felt so much hatred in my life, so much hatred that I could kill. Every single time I say that it makes my heart ache. I love him. I still love him that it scares me to fight for it sometimes. Would fighting for my love for him would be worth it if it cause my family's demise? Some would say that making choices is all about thinking but I prove it to be wrong. Choices is not all about how one would think will be right but it also requires the feeling of it to be right. 

"You are swallowed again by your thoughts, love." a voice said. I hear footsteps walking towards me. His presence still affects me but I choose to ignore it.

"And once again, I'm talking to the wind. You should at least thank me that you can see your brother." he said. He was already walking out when I responded.

"What should I thank you for? Should I thank you for linking yourself to me? Should I thank you for holding me captive for who knows how long? Should I thank you for killing Cami? Should I thank you for sticking a dagger in my brother's heart? Or should I thank you for feeling stupid for falling in love with a devil like yourself? Which one is it, Lucien?" I calmly replied still looking outside the window. Suppressing my anger for him is much harder than I thought. Anytime I could burst out like a balloon.

"And finally she speaks! I guess I hit the right nerve." he frankly said. I turn around and looked at him in disgust.

"So you think this is funny? Everything is funny? Could at least think for one second about what I feel about this? Maybe I should have taken Elijah's advice from the beginning." I angrily said looking at him straight in the eyes.

"Nothing is funny, Freya. You have distanced yourself from me for days. I can't stand the silent treatment you are giving me! You should take your advice to consider what I feel about this." he said walking towards me and grab my shoulders. I flinched at his touch. His face looked shocked. I quickly backed away from him.

"You are afraid of me." he stated.

"I don't fear anyone especially you." I said

"Freya, that was an accident! I didn't mean to hurt you. I swear it will not happen again." he pleadingly said walking towards me but I keep on backing away. He grabbed me by the waist and hugged me tightly. I can feel tears running down my cheeks. How I missed him. I missed his touch, his kiss and everything. That has to changed now.

"I'm sorry, Freya. Please I know you hate me right now but please don't fear me. I will never lay a hand on you again. I swear. Please Freya just...I need you right now." he pleadingly said

"Lucien. We can't. I can't do this anymore...With everything that is going on. I'm torn between you and my family. I can't properly with you all around me." I sadly said trying to remove his arms around me

"Freya, you told me you would never leave me." he said

"I did never left you, Lucien. In all that is happening, I was there for you. You should understand that the ones you wanted to kill is my family, my blood. I love you but this has to stop. Everything has to stop and it would be starting with you." I said as used my magic to break his neck. He fell unconscious on the floor.

"I'm sorry, Lucien. Like I said, I would do anything to fulfill my promise to you." I said looking at his unconscious body. 

With Lucien unconscious, I can use my magic freely. I immediately went to the basement where Elijah is being held. Various vampires are guarding his body. I need to do this, no more turning back now. I used all of my magic to break the necks of every single vampire in the room. The casket is beyond my reach when I throw up blood. Stupid ancestors and stupid linking spell. I open the casket and there he is, my brother Elijah. I remove the dagger and wait for him to wake. A gasp was heard.

"Rise and shine, brother. Time to escape this hell of a prison." I sarcastically said. He quickly grabbed me and we speed off the house. I guess Lucien forgot to put a boundary spell. 

We arrived at the Mikaelson compound and saw everyone staring at us in shock. 

"I guess your faces shows how much you missed us." I said. Then Hayley run towards me and hugged me tightly.

"Oh Freya. Thank god you are safe! How did you escape?" Hayley curiously asked. Everyone is staring at me.

"Never underestimate the power of Mikaelson witch." I said smiling at them. Niklaus hugged me tightly.

"I missed you too brother. So what's the plan?" I asked. 

"Now that we have you back and so is Elijah. We are now ready to unlink you him." Niklaus said revealing a bottle of blood on his hand.

"What's that?" I asked him

"Lucien's blood. Of course, for the unlinking spell to work. Your blood and his blood is highly required. You really think we would not have a plan when we almost rescued you on that house do you?" he mischievously said. Okay, Niklaus is really beyond brilliant on that part. Kol handed me a chalice and a knife.

"Sister, put your blood here so we could do the spell." Kol said. I cut on my palm and let the blood flow on the chalice. Okay, Freya. You officially out of your damn mind. I thought to myself. Kol gave the chalice to Vincent while Niklaus pour the content of the bottle on the other chalice. 

"Let's begin" Vincent said.