Chapter 12

Third person's POV
She keeps running and running until she found the highway. Luckily, a car stopped in front of her.

"Sir, I need a ride back to New Orleans. Please help me." she begged the man in the car.

The man agreed to give her a ride back to New Orleans. She felt asleep after her long run in the woods. After a few hours, the man woke her up to tell her that they are already in New Orleans. She thanked him and tries to pay but he didn't accept and just smiled at her. She immediately went inside the compound.

"Freya! Oh god! What happened to you?" Hayley exclaimed and hugged her immediately. She hugged back and smiled to herself. She missed them so much. Elijah then hugged her sister.
"Long story short. Lucien kidnapped me then I escaped." I said.
"How did you escaped sister?" Elijah asked
"I channeled Lucien to put down the barrier in the house. It really did consumed my strength but I still managed to escape from there. " Freya explained
"You better clean yourself up and rest, Freya." Hayley said.

Freya nodded then went upstairs. She missed the smell of her room. Her clothes and everything in it. She quickly showered then lay down on her bed and fell asleep.

Lucien's POV
I woke up to find the house empty. Freya channeled me to break the barrier and now she escaped! I saw the vampires guarding her already returning. I went downstairs and confront them.

"Where is she?!" I yelled at them.
"She escaped. She masked her scent so we couldn't track her down." one vampire explained. That answer made my blood boil with anger!
"You let the witch got away you morons! You are of no use to me now." I said as I dettached each of their hearts from their chest.

You may have escaped Freya but I will make sure that I will get you back. I will kill anyone who will stand in my way especially your brothers.

I quickly went inside my car and drive back to New Orleans. I know she will be there. I will have you back Freya.

Freya's POV
Its already nightfall when I woke up. I can feel my whole body sore from all the magic I just released and the running I did in the woods. I've been away from my family for a month. I missed them so much. I guess they missed me too.

After my outburst that night, I didn't come out of my room and planned my escape. Until I decided to go for it today. Everything went as I planned. I know that Lucien would find me here but I won't be weak anymore. He broke me.

Now its my time to break him piece by piece.