The Town's Haverston Family Series

Book 1: The Lady Who Left

Lady Cressida Belverst has always been judged as a walking scandal. Oh, how she tried in some rare occasions to be proper! Yet they never worked. And she's had enough. She wants to find something else The Town can never offer her: freedom and true love. And so she will find a way out of The Town, a land that lives in the past, away from modern civilization. But there is just one problem: no one has ever gotten out of The Town.

Or so they think.

With enough determination, Cressida manages to go to a completely different place, one she has only heard in stories and read in books, with hopes of finding what her heart has always longed for. And yes, to escape an impending marriage to a man equally determined to not have her as a wife.

Book 2: The Lady Who Stayed

Mary Angel Featherton has never been a part of society. She has no title attached to her name and she most definitely has none but one friend. But she is filthy rich.

After her father's sudden death he left her his entire fortune, raising questions and doubt among the entire Town. And with her only friend, Cressida, leaving the Town to go after her dreams, Mary is left behind with no one to turn to.

In a society where status and wealth are given more import than character and capabilities, Mary finds herself desperate and even more alone as things get a tad difficult to deal with. Someone is after her wealth and the only solution is to find herself a husband, one who can give her his name as security.

And she has to do it FAST.

Book 3: The Lady Who Sinned

Lady Belinda Kate Carrington is secretly hated by other ladies, but they do try to get to her good side to avoid her vicious wrath. And the thing they all wish happens one fateful night: Lady Belinda finally finds herself completely ruined.

Her family disowns her for her scandal is too great to be ignored. Banished from the place she has only known, away from all the glittering jewels and fancy gowns, Belinda finds herself alone in a completely different world.

Five years later she returns to Willowfair a changed woman, out to take revenge on everyone who shunned her, with the help of one McKenzie Haverston who judges her like everyone else.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Genre: Historical Fiction

As usual, this author got me hooked on her books and i'm still in book 2. Rest assured that you will enjoy this but why else would I recommend it? Hope you'll like them as much as I did :)