Give It A Try

6:30 PM

Everyone in the office is busy. No one's taking a break because it's Friday - meetings with the clients & papers' submissions are set on this day.

Richard & Dawn own the company. They built this because they have the same interests and they see that there's nothing wrong with it because they are really great friends with each other.

Richard just finished his work & he's currently playing with his phone but the loud slam of the door gets his attention.

"What's your problem?" He looks at her, seeing her busangot face.

"Eh, kasi naman." She covers her eyes and looks down.

"Halika nga dito!" He taps his lap, asking her to sit there. Normal na sa kanilang dalawa 'yon. Walang malisya.

She sits on his lap and he wraps his hands around her waist. "Ano nanaman 'yang problema mo?"

"Chard..."

"Hmmm?"

"Can you finish these papers for me?" He looks up to her who's doing her pa-cute look.

"Seriously, Dawn? Seriously?!" Before she could say anything, his phone rings - FaceTime.

"Ako na sasagot for you, tapusin mo lang 'yan." He runs his fingers through his hair and reads the papers.

"Mars!!! Barkada's --- Ay! Anong meron? Bakit may kandungan?"

Tina puts her things back on the cabinet and talks to them again.

"Loka ka talaga, Tina! Hindi ka na nasanay. Barkada's what tonight?"

"Barkada's dinner mamaya! Osige na, bye na baka nakaka-istorbo pa ako sainyo! Bye, Pards!!!"

He looks up and rests his chin on her shoulder as he looks on the camera.

"Bye, Tins! See you tonight. Sabay na kami ni Dawn." Tina ends the call and Dawn still remains on his lap.

---

"Oh, ayan na pala ang dalawa!!!" They wave at them and sits on the couch.

They begin talking about their lives, their own businesses, until Patty brings up the topic about family.

"Ikaw, Dawny? Wala ka pa rin bang balak mag-asawa? Gusto mo bang tumandang dalaga? You're not getting any younger." Patty, as always, very straight to the point.

"Oo nga, Mars. Andyan naman si Richard, oh. I-next level niyo na yang kandungan niyo!" Tina butts in.

"Ayun naman pala eh. Napapadalas na, ha? Oo, kayo nalang, okay pa."

Dawn shakes her head and Richard is just smirking at them. Tuwing barkada's dinner talaga, never mawawala 'tong topic na 'to.

"Nako, wag niyo nga i-reto si Dawn sa mokong na 'to. Lahat kinakandong neto. Tignan mo!" Bobby calls a girl inside the resto-bar and points at Richard.

The girl approaches him and sits on his lap. Richard smiles at her seductively and wraps his arms around her waist.

Loko 'to ah. Ang landi nila pareho. Dawn is just staring at them.

"Baby, ano ba 'tong babaeng 'to? Parang nagseselos yata." The girl kisses his neck, her eyes are still on Dawn .

"Don't mind her." It seems like he's enjoying it, huh? Gago 'to, hindi man lang pinagtanggol.

She gets her phone and texts him. After a minute, his phone beeps but when he's about to get it from his pocket the girl insists that she'll get it for him. He allows her.