Chapter 11

CHAPTER 11

*Liam’s POV*

I can’t stop thinking about that girl, Tara. We've texted a few times, but I really wanted to see her again. Maybe you should ask her to grab some coffee with you. But don’t push it. Just a friend’s thing, not a date. THANK GOD FOR THAT LITTLE VIOCE INSIDE MY HEAD! I typed out a text.

‘Hey Tara, wanna grab some coffee with me 2day? – Liam’

I didn't hit send yet. It doesn't sound to desperate does it? I asked myself. Well, if you keep worrying about it, you won’t send it, and then you will miss your chance. PRESS SEND! I listened to myself, and read it over one more time before sending it. A minute later I got reply.

‘Yeah, id luv 2. Meet me at starbucks in half an hr? – Tara’

*Tara’s POV*

I was just messing around my house, pretty bored, when I got a text.

‘Hey Tara, wanna grab some coffee with me 2day? – Liam’

YAY! My little voice inside my head said. I haven’t stopped thinking about Liam ever since we met at ‘The Little Bakery’. I really wanted to see him again, but didn't want to sound too desperate by asking him first. I lost no time in replying.

‘Yeah, id luv 2. Meet at starbucks in half an hr? – Tara’

I read over my message multiple times before sending it. Alright, so I was nervous. But, who wouldn't be? I'm meeting freaking Liam Payne at starbucks in half an hour! Just then, my phone went off again.

Sounds gr8. C u there. – Liam’

GO GET READY! My voice screamed. I ran upstairs, finally settling on this polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=79309536

It was cute, but not over done. I liked it. I decided to have a quick shower and by the time I was done, I had 10 minutes to get to starbucks. Since I was walking, I grabbed my keys and left.

*Liam’s POV*

I'm so excited! Tara said yes! I had a quick shower and changed into some jeans and signature plaid shirt. I decided to walk, because it wasn't that far from my house.

When I got starbucks, I saw Tara waiting for me at a booth in the back. “Hey Tara,” I said with a smile. She looked up and saw me. “Oh, hey Liam!” She replied, motioning for me to sit. “How've you been?” she asked, casually making small talk. “I've been great. Business being a little... Odd, but otherwise, brilliant. You?” “Oh, I've been fine. Just the usual boring stuff, otherwise called my life.” She replied with a slight grin. “I'm sure your life isn't that uneventful! What do you like to do?” I really wanted to get to know Tara better. She seemed really nice, and couldn't get her out of my head.

“Well, I like cats, a lot.” She said, a light blush on her cheeks. “Well, Harry would certainly like you.” I smiled at her, finding her cat addiction cute. “Do you want a coffee or something? My treat,” I asked, trying to be polite. “I’d love one, but I couldn’t let you pay,” She replied, being the ‘no, I insist’ type. “Well, I’m not going to let you pay, so you may as well just tell me what you want,” I said, standing up. She rolled her eyes and replied “Fine, just a flat white please,” she smiled her perfect smile, my heart melting.

I came back with our coffees. “So, tell me about yourself,” “Well, I basically like hanging out with my friends and stuff. I’m not much of a ‘girly girl’ so to speak. I don’t wear make-up, I don’t like dresses, and I only paint my nails on rare occasions. I also don’t have my ears pierced. Um, I don’t really like to read much, but I don’t hate it either, and I love looking at funny pictures. Especially the ones with captions. The only other things there are know about me is that I’m weird and love having fun, and I’m called the ‘responsible’ one in my friendship group,” she just listed things off the top of her head effortlessly.

We spent the rest of the time just chatting and getting to know more about each other.